Does minecraft need a voice chat?

Howdoimeme123's Avatar Howdoimeme1238/22/16 9:30 am
8/22/2016 7:19 pm
Pysisco8's Avatar Pysisco8
Hello, it's your friendly neighborhood memer. I love video games, especially multiplayer games (CS:GO, Rainbow six: siege, etc), but what i have noticed about those multiplayer games is that most of them have a voice chat option, it's better than text, in competitive games you have to quickly inform your teammates about the enemy's location, it really helps, now in minecraft, there's only text chat, no other forms of communication, if you want to have voice chat, then there's two options teamspeak or skype, but i think minecraft needs a voice chat option, let's look at the pros and cons for a second.

Pros:
-Quicker than typing up your text
-No need to take extra time on opening up skype/teamspeak
-Overall better for chatting

Cons:
-Toxic players that will scream into your headphones and completely ruin your ears if you kill them in pvp
-too much players talking at the same time (usually minecraft servers have a lot of people in them)

(disclaimer, i do not think that text chat should be taken out of the game completely)

What do you guys think about it, is it a good idea, or a bad one?
Howdoimeme123
Level 2 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Pysisco8
08/22/2016 7:19 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Hunter
It'd be helpful sometimes. But overall no. I'd be deaf by now. And scarred for life.
T11T22
08/22/2016 5:54 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Artist
Could be possible if it borrowed Gmod's darkrp idea where you can only voice chat to people close to you, the further you are the fainter the voice becomes.
matriushka
08/22/2016 1:06 pm
Level 1 : New Collective
Incineratinq
08/22/2016 12:37 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
yea but only on certain servers like pvp minigames without alot of players
Gealx3
08/22/2016 12:29 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Artist
Maybe if the only you can talk to someone or some people was to send a request to them. Possibly an ignore all requests option for those being flooded with requests. Any flaws to that system?
Azrath
08/22/2016 12:17 pm
Level 25 : Expert Button Pusher
No.

A game with around 5 people in team is understandable(CS GO, Overwatch and so on), a game with 20k people on a server is not understandable...
Prince Oceanus
08/22/2016 12:00 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Prince
WhaleTubaFirst of all, TeamSpeak. It works fine, there's no need to replace it.

Ew.

TeamSpeak is garbage; use Discord if you don't want your bandwidth to be gobbled up.
Agentcope
08/22/2016 11:38 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Explorer
No need for voice chat in Minecraft, teens will say inappropriate stuff near kids. Then Minecraft will lose bunch of players.
WhaleTuba
08/22/2016 11:29 am
Level 33 : Artisan Narwhal
First of all, TeamSpeak. It works fine, there's no need to replace it.

Secondly, the cons really outweigh the pros of this. Also, what about no-swearing servers? Chat is fairly easy to moderate, and can be automatically moderated, voice chat can't without some complex voice-detection thing, which will without a doubt make mistakes, especially with the way people talk in these types of games.

So, no. Minecraft should not have voice-chat.
Monotone
08/22/2016 11:43 am
Level 20 : Expert Hunter
"Also, what about no-swearing servers? Chat is fairly easy to moderate, and can be automatically moderated."

Unless you're on Mineplex where everyone bypasses the filter to be edgy
tobbestark
08/22/2016 11:18 am
Level 44 : Master Architect
No, the 12 year olds wouldn't afford a mic anyway

If you click this..
.. it means you're triggered!
Dystopia
08/22/2016 10:54 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
You also should take into acount the fact that a game of CS:GO with 5 people on your team is going to be nothing like 100+ people on a popular Minecraft server.
BuilderJayMC
08/22/2016 10:46 am
Level 1 : New Network
Maybe there could be a way to mute people or all in a quick menu? So you cant hear them?
ParkerTheDev
08/22/2016 10:17 am
Level 32 : Artisan Nerd
This is interesting. I have the chat disabled and therefore I would here all the swearing and inappropriate talk. But there is a good idea. I guess Mojang (Microsoft) could just really block out the swearing. The bad thing about this is that people would spam the chat and make a lot of useless noise. But, this could be useful if people like the sound of spam, swears and all that junk.
videogamer1002
08/22/2016 10:04 am
Level 48 : Master Magical Boy
Hmmm... Doesn't really go with the "feel" of minecraft...
Also, random profanity in chat is bad enough without people screaming it
Monotone
08/22/2016 9:54 am
Level 20 : Expert Hunter
Bad. Definitely bad. As much as I prefer voice-over, I can't stand swearing/toxicity from salty randies.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome