Forgotten Cove of Phronesis (UPDATED 10/16 - Dreamcatcher!)

tygorton's Avatar tygorton10/13/11 1:00 am
10/21/2011 5:44 pm
tygorton's Avatar tygorton
Created an actual project page for this at: The Forgotten Cove of Phronesis. It includes a vid that is probably waaay too long....it was difficult editing things out after all the hours put in I'll make a shorter video soon that is more streamline.

UPDATE 10/16: The Dreamcatcher.

This has become one of my favorite aspects of this entire build. This is not only due to the visual it creates, but because of the depth it adds to the mythology I am beginning to stitch for the people that lived here. As of now, the mythology is mostly a collection of ideas in my head, but once I have completed the build phase of this project, I will be writing up a fully fleshed-out story for the Forgotten Cove of Phronesis.

For new, here is a brief snippet about The Dreamcatcher:

The people of Phronesis rose to power not through fear and dominance, but for their ability to protect the world from the plague of irrational nightmares that seemed to grow worse with every passing age. King Phronesis himself was tormented by the most vile of nightmares and nearly succumb to their dark intoxication. For one-hundred years, he sealed himself away from his people and the world. It was during this time that he constructed the first Dreamcatcher, and his own nightmares were the first to be captured and vanquished. He emerged victorious, his mind alive with the clarity of Reason. From that day forth, the people of Phronesis fought the battle against the land's irrational nightmares, imprisoning them deep within their mountain, and so began the thousand-year rule of the King Phronesis... a time of unrivaled peace, innovation, and productivity.

OK, time for the screenshots! Sorry, many of the shots are cropped! It's too difficult trying to attach images (only 3 at a time)...and the forum auto-crops them linked images rather than shrink them

Here are some BEFORE screens of the space (after it had been "gutted" and smoothed:

And here is The Dreamcatcher chamber fully realized:

Creative Note: The center of the spiral at the bottom actually drops through the bottom of the world.

Creative Note: The glass cubes hanging from the ceiling hold vanquished nightmares, more on these later!

This is the chamber where the first nightmares of King Phronesis are held captive:

As a fun sidenote...one of the major headaches working on this project was... LAVA POCKETS! Serious pain:

I was exploring a world and discovered this awesome, hidden cove and got inspired.

The plan is to "sculpt" around the entire mountain, and then add an abundance of houses/structures on the water with boardwalks and multiple levels etc. A long way to go...but I'm happy with the start.

Let me know what you think of it so far.

UPDATE: I'm using the Avaritia Texture Pack now, here is one shot with it, more posted further along in the topic:

Vanilla style:

tygorton
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/21/2011 5:44 pm
tygorton
OK, I created an actual project for this at: Forgotten Cove of Phronesis

It includes a video that is probably way too long....it was hard to edit things out
10/16/2011 5:47 pm
tygorton
UPDATE 10/16: The Dreamcatcher.

This has become one of my favorite aspects of this entire build. This is not only due to the visual it creates, but because of the depth it adds to the mythology I am beginning to stitch for the people that lived here. As of now, the mythology is mostly a collection of ideas in my head, but once I have completed the build phase of this project, I will be writing up a fully fleshed-out story for the Forgotten Cove of Phronesis.

For new, here is a brief snippet about The Dreamcatcher:

The people of Phronesis rose to power not through fear and dominance, but for their ability to protect the world from the plague of irrational nightmares that seemed to grow worse with every passing age. King Phronesis himself was tormented by the most vile of nightmares and nearly succumb to their dark intoxication. For one-hundred years, he sealed himself away from his people and the world. It was during this time that he constructed the first Dreamcatcher, and his own nightmares were the first to be captured and vanquished. He emerged victorious, his mind alive with the clarity of Reason. From that day forth, the people of Phronesis fought the battle against the land's irrational nightmares, imprisoning them deep within their mountain, and so began the thousand-year rule of the King Phronesis... a time of unrivaled peace, innovation, and productivity.

OK, time for the screenshots! Sorry, many of the shots are cropped! It's too difficult trying to attach images (only 3 at a time)...and the forum auto-crops them linked images rather than shrink them

Here are some BEFORE screens of the space (after it had been "gutted" and smoothed:

And here is The Dreamcatcher chamber fully realized:

Creative Note: The center of the spiral at the bottom actually drops through the bottom of the world.

Creative Note: The glass cubes hanging from the ceiling hold vanquished nightmares, more on these later!

This is the chamber where the first nightmares of King Phronesis are held captive:

As a fun sidenote...one of the major headaches working on this project was... LAVA POCKETS! Serious pain:

10/14/2011 3:26 pm
tygorton
GibKrod: I don't have any plans on releasing the world save. This is just one tiny piece of the main world on the LIberation Nexus server. Our builds are part of our community. You ARE free to visit the server, however, and explore as much as you like: 66.85.160.2:2502
10/14/2011 6:27 am
Level 28 : Expert Pokemon
Predator_Wolf
EPIC...
10/14/2011 6:34 am
tygorton
It's getting there..... I'm so addicted to working on this, it's absurd. Can't wait to cross the finish line. Thanks for the comment!
10/14/2011 6:25 am
Level 29 : Expert Nerd
Skullsector
All I can say is AWESOME! Keep up the good work
10/14/2011 6:33 am
tygorton
Sweet! Thanks for having a look.
10/14/2011 6:19 am
tygorton
A few more:
10/14/2011 6:18 am
tygorton
New Screenshots with the Avaritia Texture Pack.

Some of these are of the same build areas as the initial post, others are new shots of additions made today.
10/13/2011 4:01 pm
tygorton
ZaphodX: Thanks!

GibKrod: Here is the world seed (and coordinates):

10/14/2011 1:12 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer
GibKrod
Ok, thanks for the seed and the X,Y,Z stuff. but when will you add the world save
~GibKrod
10/13/2011 3:33 pm
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
This looks very cool, good luck with it mate!
10/13/2011 3:32 pm
tygorton
Also just realized...it works much better on this forum to upload images as attachments rather than posting them with a URL...they get cropped/smooshed that way
10/13/2011 3:29 pm
tygorton
Here is the next massive cavern I'll be transforming for the interior. I actually had NOT planned on going this epic with the interiors in the beginning, but (of course) I stumbled across a natural network of caverns and just HAD to combine them all into one massive space. The more I work on this the further away the finish line gets!

I love this game.
10/13/2011 1:27 am
tygorton
Lightlingown: Thanks! Really cool to get the encouragement. I will submit this as a full project with video walkthrough when it's finished.

GibKrod: I've gotta run right now, but I can post the seed for this world when I'm back on. The cove is REALLY awesome, and not all that far from the spawn area.

RedXM: Glad you're liking it Everyone will definitely be able to visit the server and check it out when it's done, at the very least.
10/13/2011 1:22 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer
GibKrod
Must... Have... Map... Or at least the seed...
10/13/2011 1:25 am
Level 34 : Artisan Lumberjack
RedXM
post map as project when you are done? please?
10/13/2011 1:18 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Lightlingown
Awww snap!! You are a genius!!! Keep up the work, I'll be looking forward to the completion of this project
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome