Found an Invisible Glass texture pack (works for 1.8.4)

book_lover4516's Avatar book_lover45165/26/15 7:07 pm
1 emeralds 3.8k 4
3/19/2016 6:45 am
MineKynoMine's Avatar MineKynoMine
Hello, everyone.

This will be my very first post here on Planet Minecraft's forums (I'm a habitual lurker when it comes to sites like these) so I apologize in advance for incorrectly posting this in the wrong section or accidently breaking any Forum rules (I was going to post this in the "Texture Pack" group, but since I didn't create this pack, I didn't feel it would be right to do so).

Anyways, on to the point.

A pet peeve of mine when it comes to texture/resource packs is unclear glass textures. Whether if it's Minecraft's original scratch-filled panes or any other texture/resource that has decorations within their glass blocks, it irritates me to no end how most texture/resource packs don't have clear glass that offers completely unobstructed "viewage" in and out of the world.

After doing a quick Google search, I found a 100% invisible glass texture pack for download, which I'll link to: http://www.minecraft-db.com/invisible-glass/. After doing some more research, I found out that this texture pack was created by user MineKynoMine, or at least that's it says on the before-mentioned site. I browsed through Planet Minecraft's member search and found a member by that username, however he/she does not have any texture packs uploaded in their Collections, so either this user just happens to share the same username or has forgotten about/abandoned this pack.

There is another, more official-looking site I found that was created by this user MineKynoMine: http://minekynomine.weebly.com/downloads.html that lists the same texture pack as being his/her own (you have to scroll down a bit until you see the title "Invisible Glass Resource Pack").

I apologize in advance if I accidentally broke any Forum rules by posting this. I've been searching for such a texture pack like this ever since I started using texture/resource packs, and I figured other Minecraft players would like to be able to have invisible glass to use in their various creations and what-nots, too, which is ultimately why I posted in the first place.

Again, this is not my texture pack. I found it and thought other people would like to use it, so I decided to mention it/give it a shoutout.

Posted below are a couple screenshots I took of what the Invisible Glass texture pack looks like:
Glass blocks

Glass panes

Glass blocks and panes in Minecraft Menu

Hope you enjoy this texture pack. I only tried it out on Minecraft version 1.8.4, so I'm not sure if it works on other versions (I don't see why not). Also, I turned off connected textures for the screenshots, so the glass may/may not look differently if you have connected textures turned on.
book_lover4516
Level 1 : New Miner