A functioning computer withing Minecraft...

DontAdaptMe's Avatar DontAdaptMe6/28/12 10:01 pm
1 emeralds 150 5
6/28/2012 10:21 pm
DontAdaptMe's Avatar DontAdaptMe
So I was surfing YouTube and I watched this video where someone made a functioning computer in Minecraft... (video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGkkyKZVzug). According to the maker it takes a long time to finish any thing because of all of the redstone (there is a lot...) however just the idea of it sounds awesome.

I want to try making a calculator that can do simple adding and subtracting. Any idea how I would go about making it?
DontAdaptMe
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

DontAdaptMe
06/28/2012 10:21 pm
@vrej and RevolutionalRedStone thanks for the information

The first time I started playing Minecraft and found out about redstone I thought that the redstone torch was just a different color torch. Later on I found out a lot of things can be made with redstone... once I build a functioning calculator I will try some bigger things.

EDIT: if I were to build a computer though I am not sure how well I could make a display because of the blocks and such. If the player stand far away from the *monitor* then it will likely look better. However I am still not sure how the hell I'm going to pull that off. Any way that is a future problem for now I am going to try building a calculator!
RevolutionalRedStone
06/28/2012 10:13 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Pirate
Yeah, it's the thing todo..
http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/j400-processor/

I suggest you start with the exclusive-or gate... It's a Redstone device that only outputs when it gets exactly one input,

By connecting a bunch of these, you can construct an adder, which can eventually be used For subtraction, multiplication, even division.

Ofcoarse the adder only accepts and outputs; binary.. So there is another challenge in converting the inputs and outputs into a human readable form

Building a computer is something else however.. It requires a lot of understanding in the fields of; entropy, logic, Mathematics, symbolic abstraction, programming and Ofcoarse engineering.

Good luck. We're always here if you need extra help.
Vrezh
06/28/2012 10:12 pm
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Nether Knight
Take a look at this tutorial.
[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGnPMTTyLWU[/youtube]
DontAdaptMe
06/28/2012 10:10 pm
^Wow... it looks complex... any way where should I start with making my own?
Vrezh
06/28/2012 10:04 pm
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Nether Knight
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome