Giving diamonds for voting

feverboat's Avatar feverboat7/15/13 4:29 pm
7/15/2013 5:42 pm
Extriia's Avatar Extriia
It seems like on every server I join, when you vote, you get prizes... that doesn't really make sense. The only reason you should vote for a server is if you like it. People are voting for servers all the time just for the diamonds they give you on they server, and some servers even let you vote every 24 hours. It could be the worst server ever created but it's getting so many votes just because people want the prizes, and its annoying me to death. Prizes for donating makes perfect sense, but anyone can click a "Vote" button.
feverboat
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/15/2013 5:40 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
J3xis
I would think if they are voting for the diamonds they like the server... And I mself as a server owner think its a good idea because unless you give the player base something to work then they wont feel like trying to help you out or the server. The key point in running a good server is keeping a steady flow of happy players and donators so you can keep running and expanding
07/15/2013 5:36 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
MassWorldBuilder
Well to be fair most of the time people including myself forget to vote, I'm currently helping run a server and the reminder that you get diamonds actually helps me remember to vote as i know the server is great sadly because most ppl forget to vote the server rarely has more than 3 ppl online. I think it's ok to give incentives to vote because if you don't most people wouldn't even vote even if it's a great server.
07/15/2013 5:42 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Extriia
I don't have an issue about reminding people to vote, but instead of offering them 6 diamonds, and enchantment book and an emerald, why not just say "Remember, if you enjoy this server, we believe you should vote for us!"
07/15/2013 5:29 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Extriia
Well, for those large, PVP faction servers, those 2 extra diamonds can be the difference of being fresh meat for the enchanted diamond crew or being fresh meat for the enchanted diamond crew. However, on smaller servers bonds begin to form, trading is very popular and people actually vote on the servers they enjoy.
07/15/2013 5:18 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Engineer
TheOnlyRealTGS
If they play a lot on the server, they probably like it.
If they want diamonds etc, it's because they want to use them on the server.
If they want to use them on the server, they probably want to play on it
07/15/2013 5:15 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Blacksmith
Henry_Jekyll
This is what I imagine....

Server Owner: Let's have the players vote if they like the server!

Random Guy: I don't really like this server, so I won't vote..

Later....

Server Owner: Let's have people vote for diamonds and tools and food!

Same Guy: This server is epic! *vote vote vote vote vote*
07/15/2013 5:09 pm
Level 44 : Master Wolf Whisperer
ImaLittleCreeper
It is a benefit on servers I do like though.
07/15/2013 5:14 pm
feverboat
Yeah, I like free stuff just as much as everyone, but when you're trying to find a good server on a website, it doesn't help when most of the votes are lies.
07/15/2013 4:58 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
eminemfan33
ikr
07/15/2013 4:49 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
ImALapras
hmmm... I personally wouldn't set up voting on a public server...
07/15/2013 4:45 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Architect
Antic8888
I'm a server owner, and the voting system turns the players into Guinea Pigs, its great! they want items or money, so every time the 24 waiting period is up, a wave of new votes. Plus, they don't get anything but like 2 iron or 4 exp bottles or something small, so they need to vote to get just a LITTLE more. Its a great way to get your server popular, because without it you'll stay out of the radar, and that means no funding.
07/15/2013 4:47 pm
feverboat
Do they like the server, though? Or are they voting just to get the prizes? Voting is based on opinion.
07/15/2013 4:40 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Architect
Grilldave
Just goes to show you how corrupt our world has gotten
07/15/2013 5:13 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Programmer
deadrecon98
The world has always been this way. Just look at the Egyptians.
07/15/2013 4:39 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Ranger
pikakill41
Agreed.
07/15/2013 4:37 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Robot
mekbots
yup
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com