Help me get my brother into Java Edition mods (:help

endcant's Avatar endcant5/21/22 11:49 am
5/26/2022 3:56 am
ChronoFury's Avatar ChronoFury
my brother just got a new computer and told me he wants to start playing java edition so he can try the resource packs i've been making and showing my friends. now that he's getting into java, are there any mods he absolutely has to try?

i'm very into aesthetic stuff that has a peaceful vanilla vibe, so all my essentials are just laid back and nature-y stuff, but that stuff isn't up his alley. he's always been an action/stealth/horror games type guy, and i don't know what to recommend him.

whether you respond with tried-and-true classics or underappreciated projects, i'm intrigued to see what your favorites are.
endcant
Level 42 : Master Strawberry

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/26/2022 3:56 am
Level 26 : Expert Explorer
ChronoFury
For action, you'd probably want to look at adventure-type modpacks like RlCraft or Pixelmon.

As for horror, I don't think there's much mods out there, so you'd probably want to find horror maps to play instead. I know ppl think Minecraft can't be scary, but horror maps that are scary do exist if you search hard enough.
05/24/2022 7:17 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
I would say start with quality of life mods, JEI/NEI/TMI AND WAILA, maybe a backpack mod and bigger chests
05/21/2022 2:55 pm
Level 38 : Artisan uwu
SEfaught
web displays mod (internet mod)
05/21/2022 1:03 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Network
MyZia
I made a modpack that would be perfect for you.
It's easy to download, and runs well.

Its called Saturn.

www.myzia.net/saturn
05/21/2022 12:21 pm
Level 44 : Master Procrastinator
Afap
What got me obsessed with mods were Galacticraft and the Morph Mod (still some of my favorites to date)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome