Horses: What Would You Add?

angelkiwi's Avatar angelkiwi4/23/20 5:34 pm
4/27/2020 4:11 pm
_pixelwolf's Avatar _pixelwolf
As previously discussed on my blog, horses were a game changing addition to Minecraft. For some, the impact this addition made was greater than it was for others. For some, horses were not only just a new method to get around quickly, but a way to indulge in their love of horses in one of the greatest sandbox games of all time. With the tools Minecraft gave them, they were able to build their very own dream stables, riding arenas, and more.

Still, the actual amount of detail to horses is...minimal. You can ride them, tame them, breed them for their colors and try to get the fastest and the highest jumping horses possible. You can decorate them in horse armor, lead them around, and....well, that's largely it. The feature package that comes with them is probably the amount you'd expect from Minecraft, where animals aren't the main feature of the game; your creativity is. However, with the wide array of tools available to us via Plugins, Data Packs, Mods, and Texture Packs; is it so far fetched to believe there could be more, or even ask for more?

I think it isn't so far fetched at all.

We've seen the rise of several horse-related mods and server-side plugins, however, there are still many, myself included, that feels like there could be more. There is a lot of work yet to be done to create the ultimate Minecraft horse experience, but we all have to start somewhere. That's where this discussion post comes in; what would you add to Minecraft to make it a better equine gaming experience?

This could be in the form of plugins, texture packs, mods, or data packs. The sky's the limit. What horse-related features would you like to see?
angelkiwi
Level 13 : Journeyman Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/24/2020 9:44 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect
DaniIsArafi
Horse Cart, its very help in survival and cretive world

Maybe horse can sit, its very interisting animation while horse sleep maybe ?

Horse clothes, like leather armor but more colorfull
04/24/2020 7:03 am
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur
DinowCookie
Add a plough and seed distributor which you can equip to your horse, ride it across grass/dirt to do larger-scale farming 😁
And blankets maybe? Horse outfits quite like you have for llama's, maybe in all the wool colours. :)
04/24/2020 6:14 pm
angelkiwi
Okay, horse outfits in different colors sound absolutely amazing! I certainly know that horse blankets (full body, or just under the saddle) are real things and something the horse-loving Minecraft community are desperately missing.
As a farmer, I also appreciate the suggestion for a plough / seed distributor, that's really good. I'd love to be able to do large-scale farms with the help of my favorite equine friends in MC :) Very nice suggestions!
04/24/2020 6:42 am
Level 26 : Expert Pokemon
Excentury
I don’t think the overall look of horses should change because we have recourse packs for that but they could potentially add horse shoes which would deplete overtime when on horseback. Also some sort of wooden cart for storing and moving items.
04/24/2020 6:49 am
angelkiwi
Horse shoes that deplete over time while being used sounds really cool! What would they do for the horse? Make them run faster? Traverse difficult terrain better?
04/24/2020 7:05 amhistory
Level 26 : Expert Pokemon
Excentury
Like any animal horses will get tired when running for long periods of time. They should implement a horse stamina/energy bar (similar to red dead redemption) so overtime as your horse sprints it will get tired and lose energy. To increase the horse stamina/energy you will need to feed it an apple/carrot!

The horse shoe would increase the overall distance of sprinting with the horse.

for example:

A horse without a horse shoe would sprint up to 250 blocks.

A horse with a horse shoe would sprint up to 750 blocks.

These horse shoes could be crafted using iron/ingots!
04/24/2020 6:15 pm
angelkiwi
That sounds really cool! A stamina system that rewards you for upgrading your horse sounds fun, and it'd really enrich the experience, too. Perhaps gold and diamond horseshoes could further increase the distance? :)
04/23/2020 8:04 pm
Level 23 : Expert Procrastinator
Energy Master
while i appreciate the developers keeping it simple with horses, i do think a wooden horse cart would be cool if they were to add it
04/27/2020 4:11 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
_pixelwolf
I hadn't thought of this before, but it is all I can think of now. Would they be similar to chests? How much could they hold? Would they need their own armor? Lots to consider!
04/24/2020 3:37 am
angelkiwi
I think a Horse Cart would also be pretty cool, and could prove as a useful alternative to llama caravans for transporting large amounts of items across large distances.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome