How to make a texture pack? Help Me!

EraBlitz's Avatar EraBlitz5/17/12 11:35 am
1 emeralds 146 2
5/17/2012 12:00 pm
Namore77's Avatar Namore77
hi guys.. when i get out of school im gonna try to make a texture pack. im gonna work really hard on it but i dont know what to use to make it? ill know how to upload it but not how to make it. please help me out!
EraBlitz
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Aximili
05/17/2012 11:53 am
Level 77 : Legendary Snark
I make texture packs, but it took quite a while to get started. One of the smplest ways to it is to find a texture pack that's extremely similar to the default, packs that changes a few mobs are recommended(make sure you change what's changed, if not you're stealing!)
If you do this you won't need to use winrar or whatever file opening thing, you know. When you've got that set, you'll need to get an image editing/painting program that tackles transparency.
(I use Gimp, Microsoft Paint is NOT recommended)
When you've found the files you want to change, open them in the editing program, and start doing whatever you want.
The file names are often obvious, but not always. (mooshrooms are called redcow in the files)

To use the texture pack you've made, follow these steps carefully:
1. Put all the changed files into the desktop
2. Put mobs into a folder named ''mob'' and armor in a folder named ''armor'' etc (make a folder with the same names as those you found the files in and make sure you type correctly)
3. Make a zipped folder
4. Put all the folders into the zip(terrain and pack png must not be in a folder, and make sure you don't copy-paste them, 'cause that won't work)
5. Open minecraft(obviously)
6. Click on the texture pack button and choose ''open texture pack folder''
7. Find the texture pack file you made, looking at the desktop is recommended
8. Copy-paste the texture pack into the texture pack folder in minecraft, like with downloaded packs.

After proper testing and taking screenshots, upload it at PMC and give me credit for tutorial.
Namore77
05/17/2012 12:00 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Droid
I know that what you said will work. But I heard that it can still break copyright. And get you into a mess of trouble. The better option is:

1:open minecraft.jar
2:drag contents to a folder you want(needs to be empty)
3:remove all the .class files inside.
4:edit how you please
5:zip the folder
6:your pack is ready for release or private use just use the zip to run it
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome