HOW TO REDUCE LAG!!!

OrangeWorks's Avatar OrangeWorks10/27/13 7:03 pm
1 emeralds 781 5
10/27/2013 7:54 pm
LittleAndr0id's Avatar LittleAndr0id
If you're like me, you play on a poop computer, so I'm going to tell you how to reduce your lag:

1) GET OPTIFINE- Optifine has its own installer, so you don't have to do anything but click "install", and then you can fine tune every aspect of the game.

2) PRIORITIES- Press control + alt + delete to bring up task manager, open up minecraft, and right click. At the bottom, you should see "go to processes", click on that, and on the highlighted thing (should be Javaw.exe), click it, and you should see "priority". Click on that, and press "High". This diverts most of the CPU power to minecraft, so it will lag a lot less.

3) GET AN 8x8 RESOURCE PACK- The more detailed the game, the slower it goes, so it stands to reason, that if you have a low-res resource pack, it will go faster? YES!!! Download simple texture packs to reduce lag!

If you do all these things, you should at least run at 60fps on minecraft (after taking your render distance down and everything). I hope this helped!

OPTIFINE- http://optifine.net/home.php
OrangeWorks
Level 12 : Journeyman Engineer