Test

Someguywhoenjoyscake's Avatar Someguywhoenjoyscake9/8/14 3:28 am
1 emeralds 471 7
9/9/2014 1:27 am
GoodIdea's Avatar GoodIdea
test
Someguywhoenjoyscake
Level 21 : Expert Caveman

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/09/2014 1:27 am
Level 1 : New Miner
GoodIdea
A member rank, a few donor ranks (if you like), mod rank and owner.

Make sure mods have no perms they could abuse besides ban, kick.

And rule the server with an iron first, make rules and have them follow them.

If a rule is don't ask for items make sure they never get any, whining for OP = ban etc
09/08/2014 9:58 am
Level 30 : Artisan Artist
Creatable
The way i see it you shouldn't follow how anyone else sets up a server, the point of having a server is to make it unique and different than anyone others. Of course though you server might share similarities with other server, but tries as hard as possible to make you and your teams own thing.
09/08/2014 9:58 am
Level 21 : Expert Pony
RageLokiCat
My server is a total of me, the admin, codename [God] in chat, and players. Everything works out, it's great.
09/08/2014 9:34 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Dragonborn
luigi_vampa
Here's my set up
Owner (the only op).

Staff (Probably the most important rank you'll give out) - NEVER promote a player to op or staff just because you need staff. Wait, have a little patience. Good staff members are hard to find but when they arrive they stand out like a sore thumb against the regular players. It's a good idea to give a Junior staff rank at first because I've had a few that just went mental (I'm sorry I've not got a better way of putting that but they really did!) when given the rank. Let them settle in and if you're happy then promote them to full staff.

Builder ranks - for those good builders that you don't quite trust with a full staff rank but would like to give extra privileges to.

Bonus ranks - there's 3 on my star wars server. None of them have any special permissions but players want them and play more often just to get a better shot of getting them.

The Emperor - For the player who collects the most heads in a week.
Viceroy - For the player who earns the most in a week.
These two both have personal penthouse style apartments that go with the rank that have little features. Like, only the Viceroy can enter the Viceroy's apartment. Not even staff can get access.

A normal player rank
A default rank for new players as they join

Most important though is that it's your server. You run it the way you want.
09/08/2014 6:37 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
joshyorkk
I can tell you how my server is run, and I believe it is fairly successful. We peak at 40 players during prime time and just had a 30k sub YouTuber record on it last night.
Anyway, this is how we do it:

1 Owner (me)
2 Admins
3 Mods
4 Helpers (They have no special perms, just a prefix)

We all are always active in our Skype staff chat, so we can relay information effectively. We are always looking to have more helpers, and we have players apply on forums for the role. I would say, only about 10-15% of the applications are accepted. I have helpers for 2 reasons. One, they help players in any way possible, are are happy to do so. Two, it shows me how a player would do in a staff role, without me taking the risk of them abusing their powers. That way, I can either demote them if they do badly, keep them in the helper role almost indefinitely, or eventually promote them to mod. If you would like me to go into more detail, or would just like some advice, feel free to PM me.
09/08/2014 6:15 am
Level 35 : Artisan Artist
Ellie
Depends what your server is. And what administration needs to be done.
On mine i have had
1 owner
1 co-owner (if the owner is unable to do plugins due to work issues)
3 or more admins who have SPECIFIC roles. Such as marketing, Staff manager, Support manager, dev etc
higher mods who have more commands ingame for whatever gamemode you have. like /tp rather than /tpa or /lagg, core inspect etc.
Chat mods. just moderate chat.

Mods depend on how many you need. Which depends on how many players you have.
09/08/2014 3:34 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Ranger
Optimus1800
A server is usually run by the following:
1x Owner
1x Co-Owner (optional)
3-5 Admins (I think?)
3-6 moderators
As many builders as wanted depending on how big the server is.

Players want fun. FULL STOP
You have to help them feel entertained or they will not play the server.
It's also good to have a theme, for example: Mediaeval , Modern, Futuristic etc.
A good server also have people like Plug-in Developers and Plug-in Managers who are people who pretty much manage the plug-ins or the Owner may do it by himself with the help of admins.

Hope this helps you and answers your Question.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome