I created an online tool that allows you to easily make sound packs!

mr01sam's Avatar mr01sam8/6/20 3:46 am history
2 emeralds 661 1
8/10/2020 10:33 am
PrivateGamerNotBusaruba's Avatar PrivateGamerNotBusaruba
So as a passion project I developed the site minecraftsounds.net as a tool for easily creating sound packs. I've noticed that when it comes to creating resource packs, there is additional work that needs to be done in order to add custom sound effects. A lot of this extra work is extremely tedious, particularly generating the sounds.json file. So to remedy this, I created a web application that does all of that for you, and I am honored to share it with the community. The features include:
  • Generating a sounds.json file
  • Allowing upload of .ogg audio files
  • Replacing existing Minecraft sound effects, or adding your own
  • Allowing editing of sound properties such as subtitles, volume, pitch and more.
  • Zipping it all together in a tailor made Resource Pack for download

I would love to hear everyone's feedback on the project, as of right now it is still in beta so I would be very greatful for any kind of suggestions or bugs that you guys can find or think of.

You can reach out to me through the 'Contact Me' link at the bottom of the site or by replying to this thread. No feedback is too large or too small, I want to make this tool the best it can be for the Minecraft community.
mr01sam
Level 38 : Artisan Engineer