Interesting Idea - Thoughts?

OfficialMCZServer's Avatar OfficialMCZServer1/7/15 11:45 am
1 emeralds 1.1k 15
1/9/2015 5:34 pm
OfficialMCZServer's Avatar OfficialMCZServer

Hi guys! Over the past few months I have been building a replica build of the Arma II DayZ Mod Chernarus map. I have played on various dayz/minecraft server and have never quite felt that they completely 100% full fill the title 'DayZ Minecraft Server'.

So... Today I am presenting you with my idea... The map currently contains the coastal towns/villages: Kamenka, Komarovo, Balota, Balota Airfield, Electro. This might not sound much but the size of the map so far with only just 5 different locations is phenomenal! Although this doesnt seem like a big deal as many other servers attempt to recreate the map, it now brings me to my next point...

Vehicles have been a constant request on bukkit DayZ servers... That's why today I am bringing you vehicles in minecraft! Vehicles, like on DayZ, are rare and are only found in certain locations. They run on a fuel system (coal=petrol) which can be found around the map or bought from trader cities (dayz epoch feature).

Backpacks are a useful implement on DayZ as it allows the user to carry more items. This is why I have also created a plugin which enables users to craft their own backpacks from raw materials found around the map.

Custom mobs - Yes all DayZ survival servers have fast mobs blurr blurrrr blurrr but I have custom coded mobs to spawn in certain areas and have different abilities. By this I mean there are standard zombie mobs which will attack and reward you with a prize upon drop ( Standard Loot - bandages, drinks, food ) and then Military and Medical zombies which are tougher, faster, smarter and better equipped with armour ( helmets, bullet proof jackets ). These mobs will then also have custom drops such as guns, ammo, bloodbags .etc.

Summarised Key Features of MCZ:
[] Replica map of Arma II DayZ Mod
[] Thirst, Bandaging, Bone Breaking, Sound HUD
[] Faster Zombies
[] Custom Zombie types (Standard, Military, Sprinter, Medical)
[] Wild Dogs (drop meat and fur upon death - fur used to craft backpacks)
[] Vehicles (Currently only just one vehicle)
[] 12 Common - Fairly Rare guns (Pistols, Shotguns, Snipers and Rifles)
[] 4 Rare (VIP) guns (Pistols, Shotguns, Snipers and Rifles)
[] 3 Projectiles (Grenades, Flashbangs, Molotov Cocktails)
[] 2 Extremely Rare (VIP+) guns (L44 Flame Thrower and Rocket Launcher)

Screenshots of map:
Click to reveal

OfficialMCZServer
Level 33 : Artisan Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

OfficialMCZServer
01/09/2015 5:34 pm
Made it into an official project for you guys to follow

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... craft-map/
Zatharel
01/09/2015 1:56 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
It's nice but, I fail to see how this is a unique genre.
OfficialMCZServer
01/09/2015 3:53 pm
I feel the USP of the server is the replica to scale map as well as the vehicles Please feel free to give any other feedback as it really helps out with deciding!
Sicarius01
01/09/2015 2:20 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
I agree with Zatharel, the genre is far from unique. Though it still is entertaining, if developed and executed properly. Just not something I think those of us looking for something more original will appreciate.

None-the-less, good luck! It could prove fun.
OfficialMCZServer
01/09/2015 3:55 pm
Thank you for your feedback! I believe with past server experience and management I will be able to enter the market of dayz/minecraft servers successfully so if it comes to the release date I shall be happily inviting you if u wish to join
OfficialMCZServer
01/09/2015 1:26 pm
Bump Please vote guys, doing some research into this genre before opening it up to the public!
OfficialMCZServer
01/08/2015 7:38 am
|| Note ||

More images will be added this evening to show you scenery and other towns/cities.
WTFshady
01/07/2015 12:02 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
You're back! Definitively going to try the new server hoping it doesn't fail like the first one.
OfficialMCZServer
01/07/2015 12:17 pm
Indeed we are! Last time didn't go as well as planned because the minecraft EULA put off multiple people from donating which helped keep the server running! This time I plan to keep it running as it have been improved hugely! Will PM you the IP once released to ensure you come on!
WTFshady
01/07/2015 1:48 pm
Glad to hear that! Just asking: May I help with beta testing?
OfficialMCZServer
01/08/2015 7:37 am
There won't be any need, lauch date will be first date anyone comes on Making sure there is no bugs with the server at all before letting anyone on!
WTFshady
01/08/2015 8:28 am
Ah ok then, that's good.
OfficialMCZServer
01/08/2015 9:52 am
Hoping to get it 100% up and functioning before half term ( Before Feb 14th ) ) Most likely going to be up and running in 2 weeks
nameiztaken
01/07/2015 11:59 am
Level 26 : Expert Zombie
OfficialMCZServer

Hi guys! Over the past few months I have been building a replica build of the Arma II DayZ Mod Chernarus map. I have played on various dayz/minecraft server and have never quite felt that they completely 100% full fill the title 'DayZ Minecraft Server'.

So... Today I am presenting you with my idea... The map currently contains the coastal towns/villages: Kamenka, Komarovo, Balota, Balota Airfield, Electro. This might not sound much but the size of the map so far with only just 5 different locations is phenomenal! Although this doesnt seem like a big deal as many other servers attempt to recreate the map, it now brings me to my next point...

Vehicles have been a constant request on bukkit DayZ servers... That's why today I am bringing you vehicles in minecraft! Vehicles, like on DayZ, are rare and are only found in certain locations. They run on a fuel system (coal=petrol) which can be found around the map or bought from trader cities (dayz epoch feature).

Backpacks are a useful implement on DayZ as it allows the user to carry more items. This is why I have also created a plugin which enables users to craft their own backpacks from raw materials found around the map.

Custom mobs - Yes all DayZ survival servers have fast mobs blurr blurrrr blurrr but I have custom coded mobs to spawn in certain areas and have different abilities. By this I mean there are standard zombie mobs which will attack and reward you with a prize upon drop ( Standard Loot - bandages, drinks, food ) and then Military and Medical zombies which are tougher, faster, smarter and better equipped with armour ( helmets, bullet proof jackets ). These mobs will then also have custom drops such as guns, ammo, bloodbags .etc.

Summarised Key Features of MCZ:
[] Replica map of Arma II DayZ Mod
[] Thirst, Bandaging, Bone Breaking, Sound HUD
[] Faster Zombies
[] Custom Zombie types (Standard, Military, Sprinter, Medical)
[] Wild Dogs (drop meat and fur upon death - fur used to craft backpacks)
[] Vehicles (Currently only just one vehicle)
[] 12 Common - Fairly Rare guns (Pistols, Shotguns, Snipers and Rifles)
[] 4 Rare (VIP) guns (Pistols, Shotguns, Snipers and Rifles)
[] 3 Projectiles (Grenades, Flashbangs, Molotov Cocktails)
[] 2 Extremely Rare (VIP+) guns (L44 Flame Thrower and Rocket Launcher)

Screenshots of map:
Click to reveal

You do know this is so popular there's an entire section for it right...
Google DayZ Minecraft Servers... (its on MCMP)
DrugWarsPrison
01/07/2015 11:54 am
Level 1 : New Architect
Cool idea! When will it be up?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome