Interesting Ideas for server - Thoughts?

GangWarsMCServer's Avatar GangWarsMCServer11/27/14 6:03 am
1 emeralds 603 8
11/27/2014 9:30 am
IanG's Avatar IanG
Hi guys, I am currently in the process of making a NON-OP prison server as I believe the prison sector has been over run by OP servers... I have got a few ideas that are being added to make the server a bit different to the usual -spawn in - mine - kill - die - rage quit concept.

Idea 1: Custom mobs - as this is a prison environment and the conditions are not great due to poor hygiene and lifestyle, adding mobs such as rats for example might be a nice addition? Obviously these mobs will do something so my extended idea is this... As you leve up from block to block, so do the mobs, I nees more ideas for mobs as currently I only havw rat mobs in development.

Idea 2: Regenerating mines - Yes I know what you're thinking.. these aren't new.. all prisons have these... my idea was basically around the server in pvp zones there are ruins with rare ores (diamonds) that any prison block prisoner can mine - giving lower rank members to gather high price materials also instead of just running around with a stone sword.

Idea 3: Contrabands - contraband drugs aren't just the usual sugar = speed, grass = high... certain drugs require equipment in order to use them, for example, paper and a lighter might be needed to use one, or a pipe might be needed?
GangWarsMCServer
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/27/2014 9:30 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Engineer
IanG
Sounds challenging. I haven't got a chance to read everyone's replies but I just want to help a little. Maybe you could use silverfish for rats and if hit, they give you poison or endermites too. It would be impossible to add new mobs but you could maybe make it a modded server and make a modpack for it. Also, some of the stuff you said is already in most servers. I used to play on a prison server where there was a chest-looking structure with diamond blocks that you could risk to get. I'm just saying it would be super hard. Good luck if you try though.
11/27/2014 8:38 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Warrior
philpres2
You can't put 'custom' mobs in your server using plugins unless you use a resource pack and make an existing mob act like the mob you wanted, example, a rat. Plugins can only modify games contents, which is what Bukkit did. Reflect the contents of Minecraft. If you don't wnat to go through that trouble, making the server modded would be a great suggestion.
11/27/2014 8:42 am
GangWarsMCServer
Well.. technically they r 'custom' as I am 'custom'ising existing mobs to represent new mobs...
11/27/2014 6:58 am
Level 29 : Expert Modder
ArcaneGamer-
How exactly do you plan on putting custom mobs in the game?
11/27/2014 8:39 am
GangWarsMCServer
I will still be using bukkit so no other mods r required. Ihave already coded the rat mob in but currently looking for more ideas.
11/27/2014 6:52 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
Leonydas
Yeah dude make a prison server.. nice.. like we got over 2000 of those..
Really people need to find something original.
11/27/2014 6:13 am
Level 24 : Expert Network
tututu1751
Nice idea
11/27/2014 6:20 am
GangWarsMCServer
Thanks anymore ideas for the custom mobs? Mob types?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome