Is it possible to rename MC discs?

Peppe73's Avatar Peppe734/11/20 8:50 am
4/22/2020 10:10 pm
Flyte_less's Avatar Flyte_less
Hi, I would like to know from the more experienced if it is possible to rename the MC discs, that is I have customized the music of the discs and they work, but I left the original titles, I wanted to put the title of the song I inserted, is it possible to rename it?

Thank you
Peppe73
Level 58 : Grandmaster Ranger

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/21/2020 2:53 pm
Level 29 : Expert Birb
Flyte_less
The answer is different depending on what you need it for. Are you making this for a resource pack or is it a custom thing for an adventure map/similar?
04/21/2020 7:53 pm
Peppe73
I created my resource pack, if you see in my profile you can see my package, I wanted to customize the names of the disks, but unfortunately I noticed that if I do it with a French language and example, then if it is downloaded from a German and puts his language, the disks renamed by me are not seen because it is done only for the French language ... In order not to have the language problem, I would have to modify EVERY language package and as already mentioned, it is a huge job that cannot be done.
04/22/2020 10:10 pm
Level 29 : Expert Birb
Flyte_less
To be fair, I don't think you have to worry about other languages. The EN(US) and EN(UK) are probably good enough and if anyone asks for another language to be supported then you could just make that for them.
04/18/2020 9:17 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Modder
rh1nkle25
I've done this before!
1) Create a "lang" folder inside of your assets>minecraft folder
2) Go to .minecraft > versions > 1.15.2 > right click on the .jar file > Open with Winrar
If you don't have Winrar, download it here
3) In Winrar, go to assets > minecraft > lang and copy the "en_us.json" file
4) Paste it into the lang folder of your resource pack
You can close Winrar now
5) Right click the "en_us" file and click Edit with Notepad++
If you don't have Notepad++, download it here
6) Press Ctrl+F, type in "C418", hit enter and close the mini window
7) Replace the disc you want, for example I changed "C418 - 13" to "C418 - test"

8) Save the file
9) If you already have Minecraft open, press F3+T to reload textures
10) Test it out!

If you want to add more languages
1) Open Minecraft in the vanilla version you want, that means the plain version without Optifine etc.
2) Go to your language settings and select the language you want to add, this causes Minecraft to download the lang file
3) There should be a new file in the .jar lang folder for the language you selected, just copy that over and do the same thing!

If you have any problems feel free to ask for help :)
04/19/2020 5:34 amhistory
Peppe73
Hi, thanks for your answer as I already imagined I have to fill in for each language if I want the file to be renamed with the title I have chosen, and it is too long and exhausting work, the languages to be modified are too many.

Thanks anyway.

I ask you a question, every time I change my textures I have to close the game load the changes and restart, is there a way to load the changes without closing the game? example I modify a door and I have to upload the images to the folder if I don't close the game it won't let me do it.
04/19/2020 10:03 pm
rh1nkle25
From what I know, the author and title of the discs are the same regardless of the language, so maybe there would be a way to bulk edit the files? Not sure about that though.

Also, is it telling you that you cannot modify the files because they're open in another program?
04/20/2020 6:14 am
Peppe73
Yes, being the game open it doesn't make me upload new images and I have to close it and then upload them.

As far as the discs are concerned, I think I leave them as they are, the work to be done on the language pack and too much is not worth it ;-)
04/20/2020 7:09 pm
rh1nkle25
I think the problem stems from the type of file your resource pack is. If you edit the resource pack as a .zip file it won't work. Edit your resource pack as a simple unzipped folder. Minecraft recognizes both as resource packs, then zip the folder when you're finished.
04/21/2020 4:10 am
Peppe73
Yes, I leave the package in .zip format I did not know that MC also recognized the normal folder, thank you I try if it works and I let you know thank you very much for the suggestion.
04/13/2020 12:18 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
joshplayzyt88
if you are using essentials on a server you can do /iname {name} with it in hand.
04/13/2020 7:36 pm
Peppe73
But I would only see it renamed! I wanted to insert the renamed file in my texture so that it is for whoever you download the texture, I don't think there is a practical solution, the only thing is to make the language file but it is a huge job not worth it, but thanks anyway suggestion.
04/11/2020 9:41 am
Level 34 : Artisan Explorer
DWBoyGamer
Maybe try editing language files with resourcepack?
04/11/2020 10:28 am
Peppe73
In the texturepack I didn't put language files
04/11/2020 10:36 am
DWBoyGamer
I just checked and yes you should be able to change music names with language file. Just get one of the language files (for example, en_UK) and seek for these:
item.record.13.desc=C418 - 13
item.record.cat.desc=C418 - cat
item.record.blocks.desc=C418 - blocks
item.record.chirp.desc=C418 - chirp
item.record.far.desc=C418 - far
item.record.mall.desc=C418 - mall
item.record.mellohi.desc=C418 - mellohi
item.record.stal.desc=C418 - stal
item.record.strad.desc=C418 - strad
item.record.ward.desc=C418 - ward
item.record.11.desc=C418 - 11
item.record.wait.desc=C418 - wait

By editing these (and selecting correct language) you should be able to change music names
04/11/2020 10:58 am
Peppe73
Thanks for your help, but I have examined your suggestion, and it would be a useless job because if my package is downloaded for example by a Frenchman and puts his language the names of the discs return with the original name, I should do a huge job and change the names of the discs in all languages, it is not possible to do it, I was hoping you could make a change by renaming the file directly.
04/11/2020 11:27 am
DWBoyGamer
As far as Im aware, its not possible without modifying language files
04/11/2020 6:07 pm
Peppe73
Thanks anyway, if there are no other solutions patience I will leave it like this
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome