Joining a server isn't safe...

LoxleyShadow's Avatar LoxleyShadow7/28/18 1:09 am history
1 emeralds 238 2
7/31/2018 5:37 pm
bean987's Avatar bean987
Joining any random server is not safe. When I ran my own server and looked in the console as a player joined, I could see their ip ip address. This is a warning. Do not join servers that you do not trust. Also someone can hack your server if you are a server owner, so Minecraft needs security work to do badly.

How do I move this thread is the real question.
LoxleyShadow
Level 3 : Apprentice Mage

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/31/2018 5:37 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
bean987
Yes, there is the huge change of hacked your server and also the chance of the virus attack I have confirmed from McAfee customer service about the virus attack can be possible from Minecraft.
07/28/2018 8:28 amhistory
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
hate to break it to you but whenever you access anything online they can see and store your ip address,

minecraft servers collect and store IP so things like IP bans work, website collect and store your IP so they know what country/location you are form so they can deliver the correct website to you. ip addresses are just not as sensitive or personal/scary as they used to be, if you have the correct security at home and a decent ISP there is nothing to worry about.

people don't look at an IP address and go heu heu hue im gonna haxor you, they cant do much with it, at the most they could try and kick your network offline, internet routers n things like that have decent built in protections to prevent that, an ip address is about as private as your own name nowadays imo

some places collect and store tons of data about you and what you do online then sell it off to people and use it for targeted advertising, even from private messages

if you dont want personal information about you seen or collected, dont use the internet

(you also get your threads moved by asking me or another green)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome