Just... why? (server reposting)

Dras's Avatar Dras5/22/16 9:22 am
1 emeralds 336 5
5/22/2016 10:32 am
Paril's Avatar Paril
Why must some select few servers repost their servers over and over on the new/latest server lists here on PMC and even other server listing sites?

I just saw a server posted 3 times on the new server list on the Minecraft-Server-List website, and also notice it fairly often here on PMC.

If i want a new server, i want a "new" server. I don't want to see the same server i checked out earlier that week again in the latest servers list.

This may just be me ranting, but I'm getting a bit annoyed at it, and want to know other peoples thoughts on this topic.
Dras
Level 29 : Expert Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/22/2016 10:32 am
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
If it's the same server being re-posted, yeah, give it a report because it's not something we allow.
05/22/2016 9:51 am
Level 1 : New Engineer
FL4W
You're allowed to bump a server post every 24 hrs on those server sites. It's so that they get put at the top of the list for people to see.
05/22/2016 10:05 am
Level 29 : Expert Architect
Dras
Bumps are what happens on the recently updated server list tab. I'm talking about the new/latest ones which are shown only once when a server is first posted.
05/22/2016 9:44 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Dercen
From my understanding, If there are multiple posts for the same server, then thats against the rules and should probably be reported. If its just the same server going back to the top of the list, then they are just bumping it so others have a chance to see it.
05/22/2016 9:43 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
_Christien_
Yeah it's annoying, this has happened to me way too much. (Finding the same exact server over and over)

I think it's just a way for them to get a bunch of people on their server and for some reason it works.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome