MCF and my hate is not alone it seems..

Fuzzy Wuzzy's Avatar Fuzzy Wuzzy7/2/12 10:18 am
1 emeralds 190 5
7/2/2012 12:47 pm
Xistence's Avatar Xistence
Apparently I am not the only one who felt the awful community of MCF

So guess the question is have any of you guys ever had problems with the mcf moderation before?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/895 ... tion-back/

I also think a change if primary location to the forge forums wouldn't be a bad idea

Exact reason I am here instead of there ...

MCF moderators really are bunch of children..

Community here seems a little bit on the younger side but strangely enough with better moderation it seems much more mature.

I have mentioned this before but the mcf moderation team all lack any knowledge of anything technical... which is fairly silly considering forums for minecraft are generally used for technical stuff or the occasional trolling/joking around thread

I think biggest thing holding pmc back from becoming more popular is the unstable servers they are hosted on...

reason this site has instability isn't so much the host but a bottle neck of sql calls being requested causing a backup of calls to the database cause of all the ajax and forum/site calls to db...

ending in it freezing...
Fuzzy Wuzzy
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Xistence
07/02/2012 12:47 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Toast
Yeah but MCF has the best pages, and well resources, but PMC has the kind of "small town" "family" deal still with our almost 500,000 members. It really helps that our mods are some of the best however few there are. (minus Zaphod ofc no one likes 'em)
ZaphodX
07/02/2012 12:09 pm
Level 40 : Master Network
I'm pretty sure MCF's staff and users think the same thing of PMC.

Also the MCF staff have to be strict because they have such a huge userbase and so much moderation to do.

Agreed about the PMC lag, it's not the server or the data transmission, it's the SQL failings that are causing all this lag :/

inb4 attempt to argue
Knyghtfalcon
07/02/2012 11:11 am
Level 28 : Expert Ninja
I agree, MCF is a group of immature children. I tried to use it for a while, and i still do to get some of my adventure maps out there, but other than that i don't post.

Its full of trolls and horrible staff. I got a warning point just yesterday because i posted an external link to media fire... To the adventure map download i posted and clearly stated it was the download, which is also allowed by their terms of use. Seriously MCF needs better staff.

Its also impossible to have a conversation with the staff, because the second they feel offended its okay for them to bust out the ban hammer.
Fuzzy Wuzzy
07/02/2012 11:01 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
ya just thought I throw this in here since relevant

http://www.curse.com/forums/games/minec ... -douchebag

A mod on mcf trolling American players insulting them than banning them for sticking up for their country ... found it funny curses reaction to it...

This belongs on MCF, not here. I'll forward it on to an admin there, but locking this topic here.

ya he can really post that on mcf when he is banned trololol
vaxivop
07/02/2012 10:31 am
Level 47 : Master Spelunker
Agreed. PMC may have younger people, but the mods/admins are awesome and almost everyone is nice and friendly.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome