Deleted

anonpmc2747568's Avatar anonpmc274756810/22/20 7:15 pm history
14 emeralds 2.3k 39
3/11/2021 4:41 pm
anonpmc2747568's Avatar anonpmc2747568
[deleted]
anonpmc2747568
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/11/2021 3:55 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Mark2314
Hi!I need help with my microsoft account.I tryed to log out of my account and login to mojang account with my microsoft account.And it didn't work the i pressed microsoft login to log back to my account where i already bought minecraft.i log back to my microsoft account and it said play demo/buy minecraft!i don't know what happened.i tryed to log in with my microsoft account to a mojang account beacuse i wanted to try if it would work to play multiplayer.Beacuse with my microsoft account i couldn't! and all of my things gone the worlds the textures the mods everything!I would Be so happy!!!

03/11/2021 4:41 pm
anonpmc2747568
[deleted]
12/28/2020 9:43 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Pig
IAmGoneGoodbye5
I am personally very happy about this. This will hopefully mean less hackers trying to snatch up Minecraft account nfa, sfa, ufas accounts or ones that did not migrate and are legacy. Mojang's accounts were already very easy to hack into because of poor security options, heck a hacker pulled a Mojang staffs account for their cape to show it off and tricked MOJANG SUPPORT into giving it to them (Read that again because it bares repeating). Seriously this should have happened sooner. In addition to 2FA, capes being devalued is also a good thing. Capes should never have been as rare as they were as it just leads to Account/Username/Cape selling, Elitism, Rudeness and account hacking. Personally glad we all get a cape so we can further express ourselves with capes to match our skins.

So what if they put us into Microsoft's ecosystem? So what if we lose our Java edition usernames and have to use Xbox tags? What matters is our accounts are more secure and we can still PLAY THE GAME.

Side note: Moderation and bans on Bedrock and Java upcoming should have also happened sooner. I personally avoid most Java servers (Especially Hypixel) due to the rampant cheaters and toxicity. Being able to report these players via their Xbox/Microsoft accounts will hopefully make it a safer place to play on without being too offended by the chat.
10/30/2020 8:18 pm
Level 42 : Master uwu
vinceinminecraft
I don't like this change because it's ever inching Java Edition to bedrock/microsoft. What's worse is MS acting like "haha this won't effect anything everything is cool guys" when things like modded launchers will be effected which quite a large portion of the minecraft community (myself excluded) use. I think that the theories brought up by ShelLuser are also quite concerning, even if what they suggest doesn't come to pass I still don't like this direction at all. I'm sorry if this just sounds like rambling I haven't really organized my thoughts on the matter.
10/29/2020 10:11 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Hunter
Waspinator
The cape will be nice, I just hope this migration doesn't have similar problems to the facebook/oculus rift stuff.
10/29/2020 10:07 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
I'm not happy at all about this because it means that many of us won't be able to keep their name which they've been using for ages. I've been known as 'ShelLuser' from the moment I started playing version 1.7 and right now it seems I have to give up on this name because someone in the XBox community is using the same name.

Then there's another issue... I love Minecraft, and I discovered that sometimes it can be seriously beneficial if you can be in two or three places at once. And for the record: I'm not necessarily talking about servers (some servers don't appreciate "alts") but also single player. Of course it really helped that the server(s) I play on don't mind the use of alts at all (to a certain degree of course, you shouldn't use it to give you a real advantage over others) but some fun play and "double mining"? No problem!

So yeah, I have a few alts of my own. There's my "TheOtherShell" account, I got an alt to support a virtual organisation I started on another server ("GripCEO"), I got yet another alt to help me get some good information about the new player process for a few servers which I'm using in some reviews I'm writing and that's about it.

So what about those?

See, I already had a Microsoft account for many years already. The account isn't a problem, it's actually quite good (I'm also a Microsoft Insider for quite some years now)! Now with Windows 10 it's actually very useful. For example: say I change my background on my main PC then this change will be applied to my laptop(s) as well. That's useful! (note that this is purely optional, if you don't want to then you don't have to share those settings of course).

Owning a Microsoft account.. np! But sharing multiple accounts? That's sheer hell. I've tried this back in the day when I ran my own company: my own Microsoft account and one for my work/company (useful to separate appointments, todo's, etc.). It worked, but it wasn't exactly easy. And right now it's still troublesome to maintain more accounts.

Yet that's what we'll be facing when you have alts. You're likely going to lose your nickname, the use of alts is going to become a lot harder and yah...

I'm not happy.
10/29/2020 11:48 am
anonpmc2747568
[deleted]
10/29/2020 10:14 am
Waspinator
Actually, according to the FAQ you'll keep your in-game username, it just means that if its taken as a gamertag you won't be logging in with it; you'll still be displayed as ShelLuser in Minecraft.
10/30/2020 5:24 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
Well, that's the part I don't quite believe. Because if I'll be known as ShelLuser128495 I'd still keep my username, only difference is the 'small' extension to it. Of course this is speculating ;) I guess seeing is believing.
10/30/2020 8:31 am
Waspinator
That is a possibility, though I doubt it. Chances are you'd just be ShelLuser12948 for logging in and maybe some of the xbox-specific stuff but in-game you'd still have SHelLuser above your head. There's no point rejigging the java username database when it'd be easier to just let everyone currently with an account keep their names minecraft-side.
12/28/2020 9:46 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Pig
IAmGoneGoodbye5
If they do end up making this system stay using Java usernames they need to start charging people money for name changes. Account hacking for usernames and this sniping business is getting out of control. A friend of mine recently got hacked for a while because their account had a short name. The person who did it changed the name and tried to get it for themselves but thankfully support got one of my friends accounts back in time to get their old name back.

This current system does little to stop these bad actors and should impliment some form of verification in the form of payment or personal information to deter people from not only hacking but stealing names and DDOS'ing Mojangs servers over a silly username that means nothing.

I still do not understand why they don't just switch to Xbox gamertags as this would be much easier and be more secure than using their old bad Mojang site API code.
10/28/2020 3:05 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Dragon
EnderDragon__
I'm pretty sure it wont be that big of a change because I already have all my pc games linked... However...

I just hope that microsoft will not force ads and "must buys now" cosmetics like in bedrock. But I'm very sure that will happen soon after the migration, sadly.
11/17/2020 12:06 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner
kinker31
As far as I can tell, Mojang's intending on keeping the Java experience as intact as possible, and Mojang would never hear the end of it if they ever tried to implement a Marketplace on Java. Plus, from what I've been told, Microsoft plans to keep their hands away from Mojang and letting them do their own thing while they handle merch 'n stuff, I think.
10/28/2020 3:20 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Stack
FishStacks
hopefully it doesnt happen. i dont see them doing it to java, and they know there would be massive backlash against it.
10/27/2020 11:19 am
Level 41 : Master Magical Boy
Wannabe TommyInnit
oh jesus
microsoft accounts?
oh lord oh boi
10/27/2020 10:45 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Explorer
General Chesthair
These are the labor pains that will begin the destruction of MC Java. Microsoft wants to eliminate Java altogether so they can make more money from the marketplace. Microsoft has always hated Java. They always try to promote bedrock. I.E. showing off all the fancy MC EDU stuff and marketplace content at the Minecraft Live. They want JE players to go to Bedrock so that they can make sweet, sweet, CASH.
10/29/2020 1:42 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Sus
iloveflareon
Can't you not go back to old versions in Bedrock? that alone will make lots of people quit outright including myself if they "kill" java. Sure, casual players might not care, but look all of the people playing Minecraft for PVP. while the old system is flawed, it is generally agreed that it is better for pvp than 1.9+ pvp. And almost every "big" Minecraft Youtuber [​which contributes greatly to the games popularity since it shows more young children about it so they will buy it] plays java, and a lot of them would not like moving to bedrock. Additionally, Hypixel, the largest Minecraft server, is **Java Only**. Sure, there's Mineplex, but it's reputation among Java servers will not help it in tyhe bedrock switch, especially if all the Java players moved to Bedrock. Additionally, mods and clients etc. are much harder to make for Bedrock as there is little support for it compared to Java. While that may change as people are forced to use bedrock, at first it will be very hard for creators used to the java platform. Also, Microsoft doesn't completely control Mojang, I highly doubt that Mojang would let Microsoft make them shut down Java just to fuel more money to Bedrock. After all, Java still makes a lot of money for them, and if i remember right it sells even better than bedrock. In conclusion, no, they will not shut down java anytime soon, and if they were, it would destroy the game as a whole.

Sorry for writing a whole paragraph about this
10/29/2020 4:31 pm
anonpmc2747568
[deleted]
10/27/2020 9:27 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
BeegBrainAce
It's not such a bad change... It's not the best... but I guess I can stand by it. Using a microsoft account would be better so that way I don't have to use two different accounts swapping between bedrock and java. I also wonder if this would do anything to linking your microsoft account to your discord? (I never figured out what linking your xbox account does) We get a free cape too (which is nice since we haven't had mojang capes since 2016 if I remember correctly), and we also get one thing that trump didn't have until he was hacked 3 or 4 times: 2 factor authentication. tl;dr, yeah this change is alright, having all your games under one account is nice and woo free cape
10/26/2020 12:45 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Crypion
The fact Java is staying the same made me have a big sigh of relief
10/26/2020 12:59 amhistory
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner
kinker31
My only two huge concerns with this migration runs is one: How will older versions if Minecraft be affected (I was told they'd still be available to play, but I still wanna bring that up), and two: Will Minecraft still be able to support decentralized servers once the account services move over to Microsoft? While I myself won't have much of a problem doing the migration, given I haven't lost any Mojang/Microsoft accounts at the time of writing, I think the bigger question might be if the migration in general is even a good idea. People are starting to not exactly trust big companies with their data in this day and age, convincing millions of people to migrate over to a service that's been accused of sharing more data than they should (Keyword: Has been accused, as in: I don't know if that's true or not, but people have been mentioning it a few times, just wanna make that clear) is going to be a pretty darn hard sell. I just hope both of the answers to that question is a solid, resounding yes.
10/27/2020 11:00 am
Level 32 : Artisan Pirate
ZonkedCompanion
They wont be affected at all.

The Launcher logs you in via login.minecraft.net which creates a session. The client then sends "keep alive" requests for the session every so often to keep the session "alive" via login.minecraft.net/session?name=<username>&session=<session id>

So basically login.minecraft.net will authenticate with MS, so as far as the launcher/client is concerned nothing has changed. I suspect that for a period of time login.minecraft.net will support the legacy authentication system up until the point at which the switch is made to MS auth and then migration becomes mandatory.
10/22/2020 8:14 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Modder
ultrasquid9
My main hope is that 2fa is not a requirement to use any feature in game. some games lock certain features behind 2fa, and I don't want that to happen to minecraft.

Also, because I use MultiMC more than I use the vanilla launcher, I hope i get my email later than sooner, so that I can continue to play my modpacks as soon as possible after the change. MultiMC is confirmed to have a planned patch, it will just take awhile.
10/22/2020 8:27 pm
anonpmc2747568
[deleted]
10/22/2020 7:51 pm
Level 41 : Master Botanist
Fqsh
when will I get the email?
10/22/2020 7:54 pm
anonpmc2747568
[deleted]
10/22/2020 7:56 pm
Fqsh
is the launcher still going to be there?

and can I migrate early without the email?
10/22/2020 8:04 pm
anonpmc2747568
[deleted]
10/22/2020 8:07 pm
Fqsh
do I have to migrate the account from the launcher I have my minecraft files?
10/22/2020 8:10 pm
anonpmc2747568
[deleted]
10/22/2020 7:24 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Professor
Acier
I still use a legacy account. Never owned a Mojang account. I'm wondering if I'll be effected.
10/22/2020 7:25 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
CarmenRider
Migration is mandatory so... yeah you're probably gonna be screwed if you don't
10/22/2020 7:27 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Professor
Acier
Didn't they say that last time when everyone was migrating to mojang?
10/22/2020 7:29 pm
CarmenRider
I don't think so. Obviously I can't force you but don't say I didn't warn you
10/22/2020 7:22 pmhistory
CarmenRider
I know people are trying to fear monger this because "MICROSOFT BAD!!!" (seriously the Microsoft hate bandwagon has been dead for awhile now) though there is ONE big downside but it will probably fixed in due time. Technic Launcher and Twitch Launcher. They could break from this change however I'm willing to bet it will be fixed soon. Just keep an open mind and try not to see anything too negative out of it. Also nice Dinnerbone reference
10/22/2020 7:36 pm
anonpmc2747568
[deleted]
10/22/2020 7:40 pm
CarmenRider
Yeah, it seems more like a roadblock. I'm sure they'll be fixed to work soon
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com