Minecraft on 360??

markybhoy999's Avatar markybhoy9996/8/11 12:33 pm
1 emeralds 286 6
6/10/2011 7:15 am
1LL1's Avatar 1LL1
Basically, I agree with just about all the comments made. I love Minecraft and think that it is best suited to PC, a system where creativity really can flourish and more can be made for/from it.

However, it is still Minecraft, and I'm hoping that on the 360 it would be just SSP of which I would be happy about. I don't see them doing much in the way of multiplayer or anything. Who can blame Mojang for wanting to expand their franchise?

Essentially, I like that it is coming out for 360, I'll be able to play Minecraft on two systems, but the 360 version will never be able to replace the PC version.
markybhoy999
Level 32 : Artisan Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/10/2011 7:15 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Toast
1LL1
I don't know if this is a good idea.

Personally, I like playing on consoles more than on the PC, but I don't know if Minecraft worked well with a controller.

Besides, if I bought the 360 version, my friends would probably go nuts and never shut up about it. I don't care if it "belongs" to the PC. If it's a good game, it's a good game.

As for mods, I don't really need them, as I don't use them anyways. In a game like Minecraft, I see most mods as cheating.
06/08/2011 11:23 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Skinner
Miloplayo
people are saying the game is incomplete, while that is true, the guy said it was coming in winter i think 2012 he said so it'll probably be finished by then
06/08/2011 8:50 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
BOBgoesBOOM
It seems as though I'm the only one who thinks this is a great idea. I think that all the people saying that Minecraft should be a PC exclusive are being a bit selfish cause not everyone has a good PC and not everyone likes using a mouse and keyboard (I am included in those people) also I've used the Kinect myself on the 360 and I gotta say it's actually very responsive more responsive then the Wii or atleast my Wii controller provided your in a well lit room.. I do think it will feel kind of weird playing Minecraft off of a disk but that's just what I think and I should also add that I played Minecraft for a year before I installed any mods and even now I only play with "Mo' Creatures" and "Too Many Items" mods so for me and anyone who will be playing Minecraft for the first time on the 360 it shouldn't be a problem if you can't install mods. also I think that Multiplayer would work very well on the 360 once they have the server browser up but the only thing I wonder about is the amount of servers they're gonna need up with all the people that may be playing it and as for skins I would think that they could have an in-game skin editor in the main menu. But all in all I think that Minecraft will work on the XBOX 360 and I will definitely be buying it when it comes out.
06/08/2011 11:11 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Mountaineer
GrizzlyAmish
You're not the only one.
And I'm pretty sure that Minecraft would be available on the arcade. I doubt they'll make discs for it.
06/08/2011 6:24 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Keonyn
rageman96
markybhoy999Basically, I agree with just about all the comments made. I love Minecraft and think that it is best suited to PC, a system where creativity really can flourish and more can be made for/from it.

However, it is still Minecraft, and I'm hoping that on the 360 it would be just SSP of which I would be happy about. I don't see them doing much in the way of multiplayer or anything. Who can blame Mojang for wanting to expand their franchise?

Essentially, I like that it is coming out for 360, I'll be able to play Minecraft on two systems, but the 360 version will never be able to replace the PC version.

I agree, so many people are overreacting, The way people are saying this its as if they're going to stop updating minecraft on PC and do it on 360 instead. And yeah, its not as if mojang are only allowed to make Minecraft on PC, they're perfectly entitled to spread to other platforms

Well, it's not so much that people are afraid the 360 is going to take over the PC as the primary platform, but rather the focus of the development team on the inevitable hurdles involved with the process will slow the development process. While this wouldn't be a huge deal for a released game, Minecraft still has quite a bit of work and content left ahead of it.

They're more than welcome to expand platforms and doing so could be a good thing for the exposure and overall health of the game; people are just a bit worried what impact it might have on the games timeline at this particular point in its development. Sadly the development has been a bit slow lately, so it's a valid concern. That's not to say they're overreacting and demanding Notch not do it (well, some out there might be), they just have concerns.
06/08/2011 2:04 pm
Level 42 : Master Lad
rageman96
markybhoy999Basically, I agree with just about all the comments made. I love Minecraft and think that it is best suited to PC, a system where creativity really can flourish and more can be made for/from it.

I agree, so many people are overreacting, The way people are saying this its as if they're going to stop updating minecraft on PC and do it on 360 instead. And yeah, its not as if mojang are only allowed to make Minecraft on PC, they're perfectly entitled to spread to other platforms
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome