MINECRAFT AWESOME MOD IDEA

nevillerk's Avatar nevillerk6/8/12 9:00 pm
6/15/2012 3:06 pm
Ter121's Avatar Ter121
Hi I have a great idea for a mod to make the game harder, but I don't know how to make mods. The mod would make the night time longer and day time much shorter, about 3/4 of your playtime would be during night. This would make monsters spawn more, crops hard to grow outdoors, and overall a much more dangerous overworld. You could also subtract two hearts from your health bar to make it easier to die. Another good idea would be to make mobs tougher and deal more damage. Yes, I've heard about the Very Hard Mod which makes mobs more difficult but I don't like some of the factors that are included like bigger explosions, closer monster spawns, less animals, etc...

So this mod would aim to make the game much harder, and more interesting.
I also have ideas for Catapults, Blow darts, Slings and more, but I'm not going to go into detail here about that.

Anyways, comment or message me if you can help me develop this mod. You don't even have to give me credit for the idea, but tell me when it's done so I can try it!
nevillerk
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/10/2012 11:31 pm
nevillerk
Okay well I'm up for any suggestions but I'm not the mod developer, I just want a harder game... But not too different of a game, just harder. So maybe the longer nights idea won't work... Thats a bummer but I still have the idea where monsters notice you from farther away, dimmer torches, more monsters spawn on grass/outside, and maybe you have to relight torches with tinder boxes...?

Anyway, those are my other ideas.. The most complex being the torches-burning-out mod, which would need 2 new recipies being the lantern and tinderbox:
Lanterns (basically permanent torches, like default):
crafting would be a torch on top of an iron ingot and you get 8 lanterns from that.
They also give off a bit more light than the dimmed torches.
Tinderboxes to relight the torches that burn out would be the same recipie as flint and steel except its 1 iron on top of a flint instead of being diagonal. There durability would be 50 uses.
And make sure the torhces that burn out last a while, like about 5 minecraft days, so ithey aren't COMPLETELY useless
THanks for reading and considering! -nevillerk
06/10/2012 3:52 pm
Level 42 : Master Cake
Dimitri2012
I think I found how to make the whole cycle longer but not just night...
06/10/2012 3:34 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Ter121
I have some suggestions mabye bring back the old 'midnight raiding' as i like to call it when u goto bed and monsters wake u up and attack you but instead of that have bad dreams so u think you woken up and herobrine is there you kill him and u goto bed and skip to next day but i dont happen every time! Also you could have like more wepons to defend yourself make it so some mobs arent affected by certain wepons like spiders can only be killed with SpiderSticks(made by 1 rotten flesh at the top middle and two glass to the sides of the top then sticks going down from the rotting flesh) And creepers could be killed with CreeperWhip(acts like a sword)crafted by four string and one leather string placed like well ill make a youtube vid about the crafting)and zombies can be killed by any sword(most effective by wood) skeleton only be killed with a sword(any kind most effective with bone sword) i hope these dont sound stupid and you take this into consideration thank you!~Fangedpichu(youtube name)
06/10/2012 3:55 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Hero
sed11
Actually that was a bug.(The monster thing when going to bed.)

It only worked when you went to bed and your house's wall was one-block-thick and the wall was facing outside.*Probably cave worked too....*
06/15/2012 3:06 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Ter121
LOOL thanks for tellim me dude but still i think that there should be midnight raiding for real
06/10/2012 3:17 pm
nevillerk
Okay thanks guys But is there a way to make monsters notice you from further away or maybe torches will burn out and you can relight them with tinderboxes? Or torches light less space?
I dont know, anything to make the game harder.
06/09/2012 8:48 pm
sed11
I just found a Timer.java that seems to hold the code for time...you can change the time thing to make it go faster or slower but I bet it would be just like if you made it go really fast it would be like a few seconds day the same amount of seconds night......same with if you made it really slow so a really long day but after day a really long night.....but same amount of time as day.

So still don't know how to make night longer....
06/09/2012 7:12 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Taco
sambrody510
There could easily be a setting for that, but how the time works in mine craft, is that there is a big circle around the little mine craft world... imagine this, the world is a piece of paper, and the time is a papa plate that stands at a 90 degree rotation. 1/2 of that paint is colored night and the other 1/2 is colored day, if 3/4 of a day were to be night, then night would show both on the east and on the west when it is day... it would be very... strange
06/09/2012 6:32 pm
nevillerk
Okay so I've come up with the final content of the mod so far:
-Longer Nights
-Mobs can sense you from farther away (creepers creepin' from 30 blocks away!)
-More mob spawns on grass, like twice as many monsters at night time outside. But only on grass they would spawn more because otherwise monster traps would be way overpowered and dark places in your house would spit out monsters all over the place.

But anyway I don't know how to make mods but this seems pretty easy to develop compared to Mo Creatures or Aether Mod. If you could help me out I would be very happy.
-nevillerk
06/08/2012 10:39 pm
sed11
It would probably be possible to do this by editing some already-existing code in Minecraft by using Minecraft Coders Pack....but I'm not sure exactly which .java file has the code for what time of day it is.
06/09/2012 1:08 am
nevillerk
I think a bit of research would solve that question. I personally don't get into mod developing, do you think you are interested in helping me out making this mod?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome