Minecraft Base Plugin

jsfriendGaming's Avatar jsfriendGaming12/15/17 10:52 pm
1 emeralds 328 5
12/31/2017 6:50 am
ShelLuser's Avatar ShelLuser
- Hi I have been looking for a cool plugin that I've seen once on an old server which is no longer running.

- It had a chest in a kit where when you placed that chest it would spawn in a structure called a "Base"

- If anyone has any knowledge of this plugin please tell me I would love to have this on my server :D

- Discord: jsfriendGaming#2568
jsfriendGaming
Level 11 : Journeyman Archer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/31/2017 6:50 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
I have no idea about a plugin which can do this, but this should already be possible to make in vanilla.

Making / placing structures somewhere can be done using structure blocks. Now, although regular players cannot use these I think that they can still place them on their own. So the trick is to detect their placement of the block, and then act on that. If this is part of your server or game then my suggestion would be to use an advancement for this. For example: "Base" / "Established your own base!".

Here's the idea: you give out structure blocks which have a preset defined (so: they're load blocks, and you assign them with your premade structure). According to the data values section of the structure block wiki page this should be possible. Heck: if you're in creative and pick up a structure block using control-pick it'll pick up the block including all its NBT data, so you can create the same thing manually.

Then you also create an advancement which uses the trigger placed_block and specifically checks for that specific structure block. Heck, you can basically check for the placement of any structure block I suppose, but you might want to be careful there because of possible staff usage (manual).

Then for the hard part: triggering it. As soon as the advancement is triggered you can make it run a function from which you can perform several tasks, including (for example) the placement of a redstone block in order to trigger the structure block. But that's obviously no guarantee.

So another idea, one I'm not so sure of, could be to detect the placement of a special given block (optionally that chest you mentioned) and then using the function to place a specific structure block in a powered state. Which I think (but I'm not sure from mind) will also immediately trigger it.

Now, this is just a rough idea and there are several caveats to deal with, but I think it might be doable in vanilla too.
12/28/2017 6:29 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Professor
Acier
ask jack to make you one lol
12/16/2017 1:14 am
Level 31 : Artisan Procrastinator
Thymph
So you are looking for a plugin that lets you spawn an instant structure?
12/16/2017 11:06 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Archer
jsfriendGaming
yes say you give the certain block lets say a chest and when you place it, it will spawn something in.
12/16/2017 4:20 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Procrastinator
Thymph
Hmm. Ill have a look for you, sounds like something I could use too
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome