Is Minecraft beginning to die?

Bottom's Avatar Bottom5/27/13 8:06 pm
1 emeralds 2.5k 92
5/29/2013 4:15 pm
Minecrafter316's Avatar Minecrafter316
Hey guys bottom100 here and today I have a question for the PMC community. As much as I love minecraft, is there a chance that it's beginning to die? I get this logic from the decreasing interest in other's minecraft youtube content and the recent drop the rate at which minecraft is selling. If you do think minecraft is dying do you think may replace minecraft or will there be no replacement and the gaming world will go into chaos. Do you think the replacement will still be a sandbox? answer below.
Bottom
Level 28 : Expert Musician

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/29/2013 4:15 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Minecrafter316
no
05/29/2013 4:06 pm
Level 22 : Expert Goblin
Netnei
I feel like they just need to slow the fuck down with the new content, fix the bugs and leave the modding community once again to its devices. But yeah, Minecraft is a flame that is slowly dying down.
05/29/2013 3:53 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Blockhead
FlatSplatMatt-
Minecraft is never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever gonna die!
05/28/2013 6:33 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Crafter
Chimpoid
I think we're getting into a period of consolidation
05/28/2013 6:18 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect
TazeCrafty
Minecraft will never die, it was made to live on for years. Making it's way into history as the Greatest Survival game ever created.
05/28/2013 6:15 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Crafter
blazer1scool
The day that minecraft dies will be the day we dont need computers anymore
05/28/2013 6:06 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Modder
Destian_
well i think it will die if the old styled servers won´t come back. i mean; wo likes to join on a server with 1.000.000.000..... Worlds and only one world where you can build houses and that world is a plotme world. I have something against plotme because you loose your creativity with it (everywhere in the world the same boring plots. houses, which don´t really looks nice in all these plots...). Or the rights on a servers; everyone with money can buy everything (VIP/Moderator/Admin/Co-Owner). These guys just use their rights for bad things and stupid things (like these ugly flipping words everywhere in the chat and the overcolored signs.

====> So; If the Old simple server´s (cities in ONE world, A city-integrated spawn, and owners that give out rights to the people that are made for the rights) won´t come back than minecraft could die saddly!
05/28/2013 2:58 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Skinner
Pepperduster
Well, if it does die for an unfortunate reason, reincarnation or a reviving spell is always an easy option.
05/28/2013 5:36 pm
Level 28 : Expert Musician
Bottom
Do you mean like a different game replacing minecraft? or are you just being silly. Can't tell
05/28/2013 3:01 pm
Level 20 : Expert Pokemon
Elyki_XD
Or a Max Revive...
05/28/2013 2:58 pm
Level 25 : Expert Geek
FlipnoteMrMan PMC
I think everyone has bought it Lol, jk, It's probably never going to die down. I WON'T LET IT. MAUHUHUH
05/28/2013 2:54 pm
Level 20 : Expert Mountaineer
ngrant26
i hope it isnt dieing. i have noticed less lets plays on youtube, but as long as updates keep coming out, and the community keeps making mods and maps and textures and skins, minecraft will never die
05/28/2013 2:49 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Hero
sed11
dkjjrProbably wasn't 20 years ago, but I thought it was a 2006-07 release

Minecraft's development was started on May 10th, 2009.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki

Its development didn't start in 2008 or before.
05/28/2013 2:29 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Warrior
Boomer_24
Minecraft is a game that will always be around
05/28/2013 2:25 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Narwhal
dkjjr
For all saying that guy who said it was released 20 years ago is wrong, what about minecraft classic? Wasn't that released before Notch even started working on minecraft? Probably wasn't 20 years ago, but I thought it was a 2006-07 release.

On the point, I don't think it will "die" anytime soon. Like other people have said, if Mojang stops updating it, modders will take over, which I cannot wait for. Whenever I'm bored of Minecraft, I just imagine a game where people like Elo, Pahimar, sp164x, etc. make minecraft v\infty without lighting errors, land generation however YOU want it, mods easy to install even for the noobs who ask for installers (its not that hard right now, but some people just arent very smart :/) and it can be revamped with anything you want in a matter of minutes. That's when minecraft will reach it's full potential, and only many years after that point will it start to die.
05/28/2013 2:56 pm
Level 20 : Expert Mountaineer
ngrant26
i use installers for ease of access. The one i use lets me make different mod sets. I do one for single player and one for multiplayer because some single player mods arent compatible with some other mods that i like to use for multiplayer (furellos gun mod isnt compatible with optifine or zans minimap
05/28/2013 2:24 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Warrior
LetThisDiePlease
Minecraft cant get boring when you have the Mo, creatures mod
05/28/2013 2:19 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Pirate
owenftw
Minecraft will not die ^_^
05/28/2013 2:14 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Ninja
skullbowser76+
I think when Minecraft dies, and mojang releases it for free and stop development,
4j studios may continue development on the Xbox version, and modders may keep
adding stuff to the game via mods. So, basically, I'm saying Minecraft will die,
but it will be brought back up by the remaining community.

I usually have an obsession over a videogame for around a couple of months, but I've had an obsession for Minecraft for over a year now, so I don't see myself quitting
Minecraft anytime soon.
05/28/2013 1:12 pm
Pepperduster
-Chrome--snip-

If I could cry, I would, sadly though, I am a robot. Well said Chrome.
05/28/2013 1:08 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Skinner
SkullHunter8000
I will never die
NEVER
xD I copied this from someone else
05/28/2013 1:01 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Blacksmith
QuantumDirt
Minecraft is and always will be my favorite game, no matter what anyone says about it, no matter how many people stop playing it, no matter anything, I will always play and enjoy it! Besides, lots of famous youtubers like CaptainSparklez, SkyDoesMinecraft, and EthosLab will always be recognized for their minecraft stuff!

Minecraft is actually not that old either, it just passed it's third anniversary and it's already sold more then 10 million pocket editions... and that's just the pocket edition, never-mind all the other versions.

Plus with all these websites (including this one), modifications, plugins, and other stuff, and with more and more people buying the game, the community just keeps getting bigger!

In my opinion, Minecraft is not dying, it's only just past the beginning part!
05/28/2013 1:04 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Toast
BreakfastPizza
*Sniffs. Well said. Well said.
05/28/2013 1:06 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Blacksmith
QuantumDirt
Thank you
05/28/2013 1:00 pm
Pepperduster
Yeah Minecraft won't die, I'm pretty sure Notch used a "Splash Potion of Immortality." on it. Plus, who doesn't love addictive block placing? I know I do.
05/28/2013 12:57 pm
Level 26 : Expert Pokemon
MM727
God, who cares? I mean this happens, and basically its not really fun anymore, to be truthful. I mean on multiplayer servers there are all these idiots and such. Truth be told those servers run off the money of the donators, so its like a chain.

Buy Minecraft--> Money to mojang---> goes on server, donates----> money to the owner.

anyway, minecraft is dying, plus with all these kids, it never will be fun again
05/28/2013 12:57 pm
Level 20 : Expert Cake
mcrocks999
Minecraft is never gonna die because if you delete Minecraft from your computer it will still stay hidden deep down in your hard drive (unless you delete it about x100 idk how it worked) and even if you destroy the hard drive you still have Minecraft n the individual pieces but you could melt the drive and destroy Minecraft BUT WHO WOULD DO THAT? (Not meh)
05/28/2013 12:56 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Toast
BreakfastPizza
Well....this post is becoming a bit off topic.. even if it somehow DOES become a RPG, then that doesen't mean it will die.....
05/28/2013 12:43 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Hunter
Matty__994
Minecraft is limited by your imagination. As long as people do cool stuff Minecraft will live on.

I'm not saying it will stay forever, but it has sold so many copies that it can last much longer.
The problem is immature players who demand everything and tend to ruin things. But it is inevitable that as a game grows it will attract unwanted attention.
05/28/2013 12:41 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Monkey5321
Minecraft will NEVER die...
05/28/2013 12:31 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
Zeerawk
Haha, NEVER!
05/28/2013 12:06 pm
Level 24 : Expert Dolphin
Red_Bo
I don't think Minecraft will ever
*puts on sunglasses*
Dye.
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
05/28/2013 11:53 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
Defendoncraft
Once hackers can hack everything ( They can ) but then faster, I dont believe there will be a thing called internet.
05/28/2013 11:56 am
Level 42 : Master Giraffe
GoldeNugget
Wait what.. How is it connected to topic.
05/28/2013 11:51 am
Level 32 : Artisan Artist
Spa-Geddy
The reason it's slowing down is because so many people are buying it, there's less and less people TO buy it. As the other guy said, we will have more generations after ourselves. Therefore, MINECRAFT IS FOREVER.
05/28/2013 11:15 am
Level 38 : Artisan Pixel Painter
EpicAwesome1
There will be a time when development will stop completely, and Mojang releases the source code. At that time... well.... Modders Galore. Along with modders new game programmers will try and pay off of Minecraft's success, and thousands more clones will be released, (Eh, what am I talking about there are already tons of clones, ever heard of Crafted for the iOS? It's the exact same thing as MC... but 2D)
05/28/2013 11:44 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Skinner
JMasterMC
Yeah, I've already heard of this shit like 2d Mc or really just
the same game with another name....
05/28/2013 10:51 am
Level 42 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
planetblox2000
I don't think Minecraft is dying, but if it does, my backup game will be happy wheels. Also, I think happy wheels would be the game that replaces Minecraft if it dies.
05/28/2013 10:46 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Skinner
JMasterMC
The way I see it, Minecraft will never die,
'cuz more and more people are still buying
this game. Not long time ago it has been
sold for 1million times.

And with every update the game
is getting better.
New biomes came, new mobs, a totally new world,
so f***ing many new items, like books you can write in,
or enchantment for your weapons.
And now horses will come to the game.

With all this f***ing cool stuff that is still coming
this game will never die.
05/28/2013 10:43 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Network
IgnoreMyPostsIwas10
What's with all these people saying, "jebs makn it in2 rpg!!!! miencrafs dieing!!!!!!!!"? It will die out eventually, but not because Jeb is "making it into an RPG". It's not an RPG, potions don't make it an RPG. Extra tools for mapmakers don't make it an RPG.
Does anyone even know what an RPG is? Basically. . . Not Minecraft :I
05/28/2013 10:42 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Kokiboki123
Dont worry I just checked the minecraft site and saw that the numbers of people buying the game is rapidly increasing but you'll probably get bored of the game and leave by the time mine craft STARTS dying dont deny it someday you'll get bored and move on nothings lasts
05/28/2013 10:42 am
Level 30 : Artisan Mage
19dshriver
I liked minecraft when it was small, but now I don't think it is dying at all. It is really popular now, well at least where I live. I don't like to play multiplayer anymore because it is filled with 8 year-olds asking for OP. That is why I don't like it big.
05/28/2013 10:25 am
Level 31 : Artisan Skinner
AnOldMinecrafter
Like I said before (at some point ) Minecraft will eventually run it's course, but I think there will always be a community of people who play it, no matter how small.
05/28/2013 10:11 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Modder
duke_Frans
I loaded up an old 1.7.3 jar (Aether)
The old MC versions weren't as great as you remember them, the lighting was terrible, the landscapes were ugly (Very broken Gen layering)
It wasn't fun, not as much as I remember it.
05/28/2013 9:18 am
Level 42 : Master uwu
Woodstockk
If minecraft does die, then ill have a mental breakdown, but minecraft IS a very popular and well known game, and if it is dying, it wont be for a LOOONG time, so i wouldnt worry about it, and people quit and join every day, anyway, you shouldn't worry about it, as far as im concerned mojang will continue to progress development on this amazing game c:
05/28/2013 9:13 am
Level 25 : Expert Nerd
TRNZ
no
05/28/2013 9:09 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer
mutcraft
Every game eventually "dies".. Just take any "used-to-be popular" game live Modern Warefare 1 and compare it with games two to three years later.
05/27/2013 11:29 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Caveman
Benyboy3000
Zorbloxian
Benyboy30001I see where you are going, when I bought the game back in early alpha, the game was something new, something different, something fun! Up until about 1.2.5(After beta)things started to go down hill, I really thought they where adding to much, I miss the old glitch's and the good 'ol build and mine kind of aspect of the game. As of now in 1.6 they are adding horses, I remember back in 1.8 when it was cool to have the animal mod, and it still is cool today! So we don't need them horses, because not everyone wants them, so make it a optional thing. Plus many of the good mods that I used to use are still at 1.2.5!!! As you can see 1.2.5 was one of the major breaking points in Minecraft, I miss the good 'ol days just like runescape, if you know what game that is...

Anyways, that's my opinion.

If you don`t want the stuff coming with the new update, then simply don`t update.

I would if I could, but I play on many servers, so I am kind of forced to update, but you do have a good point.
05/27/2013 11:23 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Pirate
owenftw
minecraft will never die!!
05/27/2013 11:21 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Engineer
Andreal Vox
watch my youtube series if you think minecraft is dying, I'll try to entertain ya.

I'm 26 and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. I enjoy the progress they keep making, it makes it real fun for map makers like myself.

Hope this helps, me stating my opinion.

Thanks.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome