MINECRAFT PC BETA DISC [CREEPYPASTA]

TeleMinecrafter's Avatar TeleMinecrafter8/29/13 11:26 am
9/29/2013 8:15 pm
MajesticBudder25's Avatar MajesticBudder25
This is my first creepypasta, I hope you like it.

From now on, me and my friend are sticking to legitimate video games.

I am, like everyone else, a Minecrafter. However, my best friend, Jayton, isn't. He owns an Xbox 360, has a Steam account, he has every video game every gamer loves to have, he even has games like The Last of Us, and Half-life 2, he's such an avid gamer.

But he does not have a copy of Minecraft, because he's heard it's so addicting, that he doesn't want to find himself focusing on Minecraft more than anything else.

We both went to GameStop to get ourselves a new video game, when we saw a stand that says "Minecraft on CD Beta Limited Supply". This surprised me, because if it was on disc for a PC, Mojang would've released the news about it. No one was buying a copy.

But when Jayton saw it, he couldn't take the stress of staying away from Minecraft anymore. He wanted to play it. So we went to that stand. The man selling said this:

"Mojang is looking for Beta testers here. Only people at this store can play it for now."

Jayton immediately put the cash down on the stand and bought a copy. The CD said "Minecraft Disc Beta" by a black marker. This wouldn't catch my eye, because I thought companies wouldn't make the disc have some art if it was not ready. It's not really that important.

When we went out, I caught the seller giving an evil smirk at me, but I thought he was joking around.

I also bought my video game I wanted to get, and we went to Jayton's house, so I can help him play Minecraft, since they don't have tutorials.

When we went through the installation, he made his Minecraft account before playing. Then he took off and used the launcher.

But something was not right. Instead of the Mojang logo, it had a black background with red, bold text:

YOU ARE SUCH A TRUE FOOL

This is strange, and I got the first unnerving feeling and some suspicion. Then I thought it was just a joke Mojang put off. But the feelings I has took itself to the next level. It took over the whole screen. The title screen was just like normal, except it kept glitching out for a split second every 8 or 10 seconds and made distorted sounds as the cherry on top.

There was no splash text, and there was no buttons at all other than the "Single-Player" button which is replaced with "Start". There was also no background, only black. There was no telling what version the game was. And there was no text saying "Do not distribute!" or anything like that.

Just the "Start" button and the Minecraft logo. Jayton went to "Start", and there was no save selection, or a loading screen. It took him exactly straight to the spawning.

The terrain was a flat world, with trees spread out. The avatar was wearing the default skin, but he was breaking the fourth wall. The game started in third-person view, and the avatar was looking at us, and kept telling us that "There is no help", several times.

It went into first-person view, but the avatar was running all over the terrain, Jayton can't control him.

The screen started freaking out with glitches, with blood-curdling screams through Jayton's headset so loud it filled the whole room, he was lucky he wasn't blind. He speedily took them off.

The screen blacked out. But 5 minutes later, a screamer showed up for a split second, it looked like a kid except it had that demonic smile that would appear in a child's nightmare, and bloody, empty eye sockets.

Then the PC blacked out again, this time for real. I plugged it back in, because if any more happens, I would just break the screen. But once I did, it looked like as if nothing happened. No Minecraft. The disc we had by the PC vanished.

Jayton yelled in a stunned, yet horrified voice:

"I DOWNLOAD."

I went back to that store where I bought that god-forsaken disc, but the seller and his stand was not there. I asked the clerk if the man told him where he was going. The clerk said that he has no idea what I was talking about. It was absurd, because that clerk was exactly there when I bought that disc.

But of course, I can't get him to remember.

Well, I can remember everything about that business, and I just couldn't forget it. And let me tell you, there's nothing more terrifying than getting a pirated copy that can turn out to be a scam.
TeleMinecrafter
Level 16 : Journeyman Artist