Minecraft feedback request - optional updates for bedrock edition

AGTRigorMortis's Avatar AGTRigorMortis4/2/23 12:02 pm
3 emeralds 208 2
4/7/2023 4:30 am
Poppy69's Avatar Poppy69
"Can we please have an optional update feature for bedrock edition including servers? Java edition players have had this feature for years which hasn't been removed so why should bedrock edition players do without? the issue with updates is unwanted features can be forced upon people who don't want them and may even complain about a feature from those updates which they dislike. It's no good reading the release notes when we don't even get the option to not install them. Whether we care about those features or not we don't have a choice.

Minecraft is supposed to be a sandbox and it was Notch's original vision for the game, and knowing Microsoft they will probably never allow this unless it meant disabling the achievement system, they tend to be stingy about this sort of thing, just as they don't even allow commands to just whitelist people without it affecting achievements, I ask that they add it anyway, with the hope they won't do something that is inconvenient for people."

Optional updates – Minecraft Feedback

Poll ended 07/01/2023 12:02 pm.

AGTRigorMortis
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/07/2023 4:30 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Poppy69
1.20. 0, the first release of Trails & Tales, is an upcoming major update to Bedrock Edition set to release in 2023. This update was announced at Minecraft Live 2022.
04/02/2023 12:42 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Artist
lizking10152011
Truthfully I am for this, as certain Bedrock Versions are actually better than others. I shouldn't have to use a third party app called MCLauncher if I want to replay or lock myself to a certain version of Bedrock Edition, if Java Edition has it as a default setting, so should Bedrock Edition, and Bedrock Edition being a console game isn't an excuse in my book. 1.16.02 to 1.16.100 were the best interations of the Nether Update in my book, allowing for Soul Speed Books to be obtained via Fishing and Librarian Trades, as well as having Glowstone and Netherite Hoes as part of the bartering table, why this was removed is beyond me. from 1.16.100 forward, each major update nerfed the game.

1.16.100 removed the ability to fish for and get Soul Speed books from Librarians as well as removing glowstone and Netherite Hoes from Piglin Bartering, 1.17 removed the Drowned's Gold Ingot drops and replaced them with Copper, and unlike Java Players, Bedrock can't build an OP Nether Gold Farm on the Nether Bedrock roof. 1.18 made biomes so much larger which meant more exploration to get some of the same things and made Deepslate Coal Ore and Deepslate Emerald Ore harder to find and obtain. It also removed the ability to place Large Dripleaf on any block, ruining it's potential to be a Redstone Delay device. 1.18.10 nerfed the Diamond Ore Spawn rates. 1.19 made Deepslate Emerald Ore even harder to get by having it generate pretty much in Deep Dark Biomes. Soon 1.20 will be nerfing Netherite Armor by making players get a Smithing Template to make the same armor, more grinding to get the same thing. These are all undesirable nerfs that Java Players can avoid by locking to a certain version but without using a Third Party App or using n NBT Editor to lock the world via the baseGameVersion tag to a certain version, Bedrock Edition cannot do this by default. This isn't about 'Get Java, Get Gud', that isn't the answer.

Additionally, certain GameRules that are currently considered 'Cheats' shouldn't be and should be togglable without using an NBT Editor to do so without disabled Achievements, as these are useful functions for Minecraft Bedrock Servers. They are the following:
-MobGriefing: Some people don't want Sheep eating placed grass/ferns/double tall grass, or Endermen moving blocks.
-doMobLoot: A Server Admin on Bedrock may not want mobs dropping loot.
-doInsomnia: This is a big one, as many many people do not like Phantoms. Java Players can lock to an older version and avoid them, but Bedrock Players currently have to disable achievements to prevent their spawning.
-RespawnBlocksExplode : A Server Admin on Bedrock may want to toggle this to make players dig for Ancient Debris instead. Also some people don't want accidents to happen in their worlds that would result in a mess.

Also, General Host Priveleges (Such as seen on Console Legacy) and use of commands should be usuable without disabling cheats for the Server Admin of a Server so they can properly do their job as an Admin. Using Whitelisting commands, and other useful ones as need. Being able to fly to an area to moderate if needed, etc.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome