Minecraft Gets Moddedbuild

ElvenRanger24's Avatar ElvenRanger2411/3/23 6:59 am history
2 emeralds 223 7
12/16/2023 3:25 am
ScotsMiser's Avatar ScotsMiser
I’ve noticed how the latest minecraft update snapshots (1.21) have been getting some features that seem close to ore identical to mods. The crafter is basically any auto crafter ever, which I know is big in the modding community, but what really cements it for me is the new TICK command. I love this command, but I recognize it from one specific mod I have played. The new feature works exactly the same way, which makes me hopeful that, later on into 1.21, we could get some Tinker’s Construct implementation. This hope is also boosted by the fact that in minecraft live they discussed “tinkering”, when talking about new features.

Please comment which mods you feel could be added in next, and vote on whether you agree with me on tinker’s construct.

EDIT: Minecraft has released a 1.20.5 snapshot, and among other features (armadillos!), it has now added the scale attribute for entities. This works very much like the mod pehkui, which adds the same scale control. I see this as more proof, and look forward to seeing what you make of it.

Poll ended 12/03/2023 6:59 am.

ElvenRanger24
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/03/2023 6:23 pm
Level 73 : Legendary Modder
dreamCritting
Adding Twilight Forest to vanilla when
11/03/2023 11:15 pm
ElvenRanger24
I don't know if the Twilight Forest is likely to be added, but some features such as the uncrafting table could have merit in vanilla.
11/03/2023 7:51 amhistory
Level 37 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
For legal reasons, I think MS/Mj will be exceedingly careful NOT to add any content from a mod.

As you mention, the autocrafter works by a process that follows how a number of mods have handled the idea; most likely because loading the spaces in a crafter in a defined order (with some potentially flagged to stay empty) is the most straightforward way of automating the crafting process as defined in vanilla,
[​This being something of an example of programming 'convergent evolution'.]

The /tick command options are also very similar to commands one finds in video or audio editing software dating back to long before MC existed. [​Stop | Pause | Fast Forward | Step ]

My read of the use of “tinkering” is that it was simply an English verb. [Interestingly it means "to make small changes to something, especially in an attempt to repair or improve it" Cambridge dictionary which could be read as meaning that the new material is largely finished already — at least as far as major features.]
12/15/2023 7:47 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Crafter
MrBradlerz
It's possible for a modder to claim copyright on their mod and go after Mojang? I didn't know that! I thought it was always the opposite: Mojang claiming that a mod is infringing upon their copyrights!
12/16/2023 3:25 am
Level 37 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
Possible yes, how great the chances for success is another matter entirely…
MS/Mj [​and corporations in general] however, tend to be guided by the princlple that avoiding lawsuits is to be preferred.
11/03/2023 10:39 am
ElvenRanger24
Thanks for your input. 😊
11/03/2023 10:03 amhistory
ElvenRanger24
Maybe they won’t add the mod itself, but I am hopeful that they will add similar functionality. TC is one of my favorite mods to play with.

as for the tick command, I haven’t used video editing software much, but I have used a mod called the tick rate changer mod that does practically the exact same feature. It looks exactly like it.

Tick Rate Changer Mod
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome