Minecraft vs. League of Legends

ZENUMIST94's Avatar ZENUMIST947/14/14 3:21 pm
1 emeralds 4.9k 28
4/17/2015 9:00 pm
janidorr's Avatar janidorr
2 of the biggest games in the world, my brother and I always fight about which one is better. Personally, I think League of Legends has no point; its about killing people, and tearing things down, but in Minecraft you get to build massive creations, and play on many different servers. Also, League of Legends doesn't have a community(or does it?). In minecraft, we have youtubers, mapmakers, redstoners, builders, etc, but in LoL, the people scream ateach other for how nooby they are, how many deaths they had.

This is my opinion, whats yours?
ZENUMIST94
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/17/2015 9:00 pm
Level 48 : Master Artist
janidorr
Necro'd.

Locked.
04/17/2015 8:55 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Prince
sssilver
I think the two games are vastly different, so it's difficult to compare them. I personally love League and MC, and I don't believe that either are better because they're in two completely different genres.

League is pretty difficult and it requires a lot of strategy. The pro matches are also really fun (cloud 9 ftw) and it's basically a sport.

MC on the other hand, is not really difficult to get the hang of and it's not really intense. It's fun, but you don't really see the same kind of stuff with MC than you do with LoL, they're just pretty different.

I love both games, and I think they can't really be compared.
04/16/2015 8:12 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Dragon
SoccerNinja_21
Counter Strike > Dota 2 > Minecraft > LoL
04/16/2015 9:54 pm
Level 40 : Master Taco
monte carino
You sir have made a severe miscalculation.

The real order of things:

Pong > everything
04/17/2015 8:27 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Dragon
SoccerNinja_21
Counter Strike > Dota 2 > Minecraft > LoL Pong > Everything (Confirmed)
04/17/2015 8:36 pm
Level 25 : Expert Dragonborn
NevetCS
Correction- Counter Strike > Dota 2 > Minecraft > LoL > Pong Air Control > Everything (Confirmed)
04/16/2015 8:04 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Noodles49
I think that Minecraft is MUCH better than LoL. I mean, you see more people play Minecraft more than LoL. I think this because in Minecraft, you can do much more than what you can do in LoL. I mean like, League is fun, and you can't deny it and it also has events, but Minecraft is better. Minecraft is more of a classic than LoL. The structure of LoL is destroying the enemies' bases, Minecraft has no structure. In minecraft, you can basically do anything you want, unlike League. So in conclusion, Minecraft is much better.
07/15/2014 2:08 pm
Level 29 : Expert Crafter
iHazRabiez
i pershunly booleave dat moonreich is a mooch butter gaem

But in all reality, they both appeal to different audiences. League of Legends is a much more fast-paced action-packed game, that many people find more enjoyable. Moonreich is old gaem for autists top kek.
07/15/2014 12:55 pm
Level 48 : Master Answer
Refined_Malachite
Tbh this is a stupid arguement due to the fact that one is a moba and the other is a sandbox type game.
No point.
Both good.
End of discussion.
07/15/2014 12:41 pm
Level 41 : Master Blob
Navbarry
In addition, since these games are completely different genres, they cannot be compared.
07/15/2014 12:52 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady
Yes.
07/15/2014 10:04 am
Level 47 : Master Spelunker
vaxivop

Ik, but they count as MMOs.

No, they don't. MMO games are games that have 1 world where everyone is constantly in that world. Some do have realms, but it's still the same gameworld every time. You could refer LoL and DotA as "Lobby games", but they are not MMO's.

And regarding your picture, DotA currently has 7 million unique users, whereas LoL has 67 million.
07/15/2014 8:57 am
Level 25 : Expert Engineer
TSmarine
Comparing the games is impossible, but preference wise, I usually prefer Minecraft. In LoL, the community/teammates are usually horrible and have very nasty comments. I will say though, playing in a pre-made team in LoL is a lot of fun, but overall Minecraft just has so many more possibilities due to its extreme modding capabilities. In Minecraft, I can do a wide arrange of minigames, survival, creative, and modding, whereas in LoL games can hardly vary.

tldr; Minecraft > LoL b/c community is better and a wider range of possibilities.
07/15/2014 8:46 am
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Fisherman
Aegeah
I actually read that some guy died after playing LoL for 23 hours straight, so I don't want to get into the game because of that, I'd rather not die playing a video game.
07/15/2014 10:05 am
vaxivop
You can't blame a game for insanity. Almost every popular game have had someone dying from it and in those cases the person is to blame, not the game. The sheer statistical chance that you will literally die from playing the game too much is insanely low and nothing you should ever worry about. So if that's the only reason you have not to play it, then you should honestly throw that reason away.
07/15/2014 8:11 am
Level 41 : Master Blob
Navbarry
Lol has a huge community btw.
07/15/2014 7:58 am
WTFshady
vaxivop
WTFshady
sagaciouscreeper
Since then it has only grown. One cannot deny that LoL is the most played pc game out right now.

No my friend. Statistics say that the most played PC MMO game out there is DotA 2.

First of all, neither Dota or LoL is an MMO. They are MOBA games. Secondly, lol is more popular than Dota 2. It has a bigger playerbase.

Ik, but they count as MMOs.
07/14/2014 4:00 pm
Level 29 : Expert Artist
Narotiza
I haven't played LoL, but I'm pretty sure it is nothing like Minecraft at all...

It's like comparing Super Mario Bros. to Call of Duty.

Vaxivop already said this.
07/14/2014 3:57 pm
vaxivop
WTFshady
sagaciouscreeper
Since then it has only grown. One cannot deny that LoL is the most played pc game out right now.

No my friend. Statistics say that the most played PC MMO game out there is DotA 2.

First of all, neither Dota or LoL is an MMO. They are MOBA games. Secondly, lol is more popular than Dota 2. It has a bigger playerbase.
07/14/2014 3:56 pm
vaxivop
Really? You are comparing Minecraft to League of Legends?
Those 2 games are SO vastly different that even TRYING to compare them is incredibly stupid in it's own right.
07/15/2014 9:45 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
CannonSkullsss
Earlier this year my friend tried to compare dishonored to terraria. Needless to say we all wanted to bash his face in because of the pure idiotcy
07/14/2014 3:46 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
jremick
This is an extremely stupid question, they're COMPLETELY different games
MC = Sandbox RPG that has high modding capabilities
LoL=MOBA that has next to no modding capabilities

07/14/2014 3:42 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Pixel Painter
Taped Up Panda
All I hear is, "Are Sandbox or MMORPG's better?"
07/14/2014 3:45 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Toast
GG50
LoL is classified as an MMORPG?
07/14/2014 3:40 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
Austin0498
I personally think both are extremely fun, league is more complex in strategy and split second decisions can affect you in the long haul. Minecraft is much easier and easily just as fun. Personally i prefer league for the atmosphere, yes you can get easily called a noob if you aren't skilled. Once you develop your own playstyle with a champion it becomes unique to you, so there is building and such... but it's more of a strategy building experience opposed to minecraft where you can just dig for hours. Other than that i remain unbiased and love them both equally. I also hated league when I didn't know how to play. No need to take a side
07/14/2014 3:44 pm
WTFshady
I just can't stand LoL's users. Every friend of mine plays LoL, and they convinced me to try it. I just couldn't stand it. Full of people calling others noobs and noobs. That's why I turned to DotA 2. Better community overall and not P2W.
07/14/2014 3:39 pm
WTFshady
sagaciouscreeper

07/14/2014 3:37 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
sagaciouscreeper
I think its popular because its extremely challenging, and ever-changing. Every match is different, and forces the person playing to adapt and change their strategies based on character choices, skill of team mates and opponents, etc. You have to earn every step you take, and that is not only engaging but extremely satisfying; its something you dont see online now-a-days, where most MMO games hand you items and levels by the heaps for running around.

Another big selling point is the fact that there are tons and tons of characters to choose from, all of which are very different from one another. And even so, the same character might have different builds or strategies, again based on players and skills. It leads to a nearly endless combination of ways to play.

It has done a lot of things right. League came out when the MOBA genre was starting to gain traction after the release of HON. League decided to make the game free and more approachable (that was when HON was pay to play). After League anyone could try to moba genre without paying anything. Before they would either need to buy HON or Warcraft for the mod to get Dota. Hince popularity.

Since then it has only grown. One cannot deny that LoL is the most played pc game out right now. The past year's championships had 36 million views. That's impressive.n The main possible reason that so many ppl love LOL is that is is meant for older gamers, around thew ages of 14-25. if u are below this age, it could be rur reason for disliking this awesome game.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome