Minecraft rules

AGTRigorMortis's Avatar AGTRigorMortis2/20/18 2:08 pm
1 emeralds 208 7
2/20/2018 5:31 pm
Karrfis's Avatar Karrfis
Look, I know everyone's got their opinion so I'll make this quick

the thread I made about iron farms and certain people asking for iron farming to be abolished, it's the same reason why I would become annoyed or disappointed if they kept changing the rules of chess or poker

You can't keep changing the rules or mechanics of a game all the time and expect to please everyone, it just doesn't work, all it does is causes arguments, a dividing of the fan base and I sincerely hope the developers don't listen to the minority who asked golem and cobblestone generators to be removed

some rules don't need changing, yes glitches need to be patched, but not everything that is advantageous to a player is actually a bug, sometimes it's just them being smart about something.

and on top of this I feel the focus should be making a game more fun for the majority, instead of constantly attempting to rebalance mechanics, forcing changes on everyone back and forth and risking ruining an otherwise good game.

This is part of the reason why me and Chandler like playing games on Nintendo virtual console, or cartridge games on the 3DS, because devs can't interfere with the game and make unnecessary changes that'll annoy people.

but it's different with games such as Minecraft, every aspect of the game is literally in Mojang's hands, and I don't necessarily agree with that, I think there should be an all agreed to rule that cannot be changed regarding the core mechanics of the game, but then again it's not my copyright. But I will say this, it's a sandbox game, nobody wants some authoritarian company stepping in every time somebody complains about something they don't agree with.
AGTRigorMortis
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/20/2018 5:31 pmhistory
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
this discussion is basically a carry-on from your other thread, please keep it there, nothing wrong with editing it or adding a post to add to your discussion, but ya don't need 2 threads :)

im keeping this thread visible(so just locked) because it contains things relevant to the conversation you were having in the other thread

https://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/minecraft/discussion/minecraft-complaints-from-other--566352/
02/20/2018 2:58 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
Hmm, this is one of the moment I actually miss a quotation feature. But I'll make do ;)

> the thread I made about iron farms and certain people asking for iron farming to be abolished,
> it's the same reason why I would become annoyed or disappointed if they kept changing the
> rules of chess or poker

Well, I haven't read that thread (yet) but I can understand where people are coming from. When I play Minecraft I also don't care all that much for farms. Still, that is the beauty of this game because it allows us to play exactly how we want to.

I still recall the (somewhat) uprise when the new glazed terracotta blocks came out. Some people hated those because "that wasn't Minecraft". Solution being very simple: don't use 'm.

Still... that doesn't mean those players don't have a point in speaking up about it.

> You can't keep changing the rules or mechanics of a game all the time and expect to
> please everyone, it just doesn't work, all it does is causes arguments, a dividing of the
> fan base and I sincerely hope the developers don't listen to the minority who asked golem and
> cobblestone generators to be removed

Minecraft is a game which has seen changes in mechanics and rules all the time, nothing new there. As to "splitting the fanbase", I think you're exaggerating. When it comes to the Java edition (only version I play) we're fully free to do what we like. Don't like the 1.9 combat changes? No problem, just stick with 1.8 and you're all good.

But even with that topic you often get to read about the "split fanbase" yet when someone then issues a poll you'll soon discover that a majority actually was in favor of said change. That's not really a split community.
02/20/2018 3:29 pm
AGTRigorMortis
It's not me who doesn't agree with the 1.9 combat system, I mentioned that certain people on Twitter didn't like it so went back to 1.8 or earlier. I'd like to know where you got that opinion poll statistics from though, you cannot just throw claims around and expect to be believed, claims require evidence. I don't believe what I said was exaggerating at all, changes can have an affect on how people view the type of game in question. Basic logic.

I personally do not care about the combat update, it hasn't affected me although if it bothers others I think it has some bearing on what I've just said, but chandlerklebs, another friend and I would really hate it if cobblestone farms and iron golem farming became history because of some weird change Mojang imposed on us all later on which removed renewable stone and iron, they already removed Mine cart with furnace in bedrock edition, yet we're forced to adhere to this change, even though in Java Minecarts with furnace still exist apparently.

I still prefer Windows 10 edition over Java due to its optimisation and it certainly doesn't help that I cannot revert to an older version of bedrock edition if I disagree with a certain change, so my patience can only go so far in regards to changes.

I agree with what you said about the game being played how you want it to be played, the beauty of this game, or at least how it was meant to be, is to allow us to play how we want to and allow us to use our imagination.

This is exactly the reason why I don't think it's right that they can keep constantly messing with core mechanics of the vanilla game. I've been told Runescape was ruined by changes which a friend hated.

It's not content I have an issue with per se, it's the shoehorning that bothers me. Fortunately Super Duper graphics pack will be an optional addon.
02/20/2018 3:39 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
Well, I can make such claims because I just did :D

More seriously though, look around. If you actually search forums such as these and, for example, the "Official" Minecraft forum (just Google it, I have no interest in 'advertising' another forum here) then you'll find such polls all over the place. That "other forum" was actually a bit notorious for it. I've seen too many polls asking about certain features which - according to some - were seriously splitting the community and in the end the poll clearly showed otherwise.

There's always another side to every opinion :P

In the end who cares what people think though.
02/20/2018 4:32 pm
AGTRigorMortis
https://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/in-defense-of-iron-and-gold-farms-in-18/

A link proving your claim would help elaborate things, because the posts I've seen on Twitter seem to suggest the opposite of what you claimed, I've seen numerous people complain about the aquatic update, when numerous others including myself were in favour of it, (thousands of likes btw) and that particular update isn't going to affect peoples gameplay, at least not too negatively, all the other aspects will remain as is, aside from possible bug fixes which should happen. The new hostile mob? a new challenge, that's how I see it, and if you have beds then you're unlikely to be going 5 sleepless nights in the game anyway.

Anyway have a look at this link, regarding the iron and stone farms, I'm not the only person who is in favour of keeping them, there are others. Please try to think about it from our point of view, if an update were forced on us where we lost our stone and iron factories, you must understand why such a change would frustrate people like us, and we play on bedrock edition, this means we can't simply just load an older version, we have to use the latest version to play on a realm which makes our situation more troublesome.
02/20/2018 2:44 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
chandlerklebs
It's for reasons like this that I told my friend Lucas to buy Minecraft on the PS4 rather than the computer. It bothers me that I don't get a choice in whether to have updates installed or not. Java edition allows people to still go back and play older versions but Bedrock Edition sure doesn't.
02/20/2018 2:49 pm
AGTRigorMortis
I can see why, some people on Twitter actually posted something about not updating to 1.9 because they didn't agree with the new combat system.

We're basically forced to adhere to changes Mojang makes, simply because they say so and I can see why you don't like it that they can change the game. While I do agree with having more content or features added, I don't agree with Mojang constantly fudging with mechanics and then shoehorning the changes on the rest of us. Antvenom disliked the auto jump feature that was added one time, and he named a few other updates which bothered him.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome