My PC Keeps shutting down when i play Minecraft

DadeyBoy's Avatar DadeyBoy10/29/18 8:53 pm
3 emeralds 6.3k 13
10/31/2018 4:06 am
DadeyBoy's Avatar DadeyBoy

Okay, so whenever i play Minecraft on my new PC that we bought a week or two.. My PC always shuts down..
But when i play other games like Roblox, RoS, Terraria, And sometimes Crossfire.. But when i play minecraft..

it shuts down after 5 minutes less or more.. my CPU isn't heating cause i have big fan pointing at the CPU..

(There's also a fan inside the CPU) Even when i put the settings on low.. everything.. but it's still shutting down..

Here is my specs:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.50 GHz

Installed memory: 4.00 GB (3.45 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

DadeyBoy
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/30/2018 9:30 pmhistory
OshhhTeeVee
You probably have too little memory. Minecraft asks for 8.00 GB space recommended, a common Lenovo laptop can easily provide that for about 100 bucks. x64 OS is helpful, though. This allows your computer to be more resistant to shutdowns and crashes (x64 was designed for CAD users and common gaming.)

Another possibility is your refresh rate for your graphics. My PC has it around 4.5GHz (listed as 5 but idk if my computer cares lol), and I've noticed that low numbers are essentially torture to the game.

Don't take my suggestion lightly, though. Having that you can run similar games like Roblox confuses the conflict; this was my best advice. I'm sure there are multiple videos online about this issue, have a look at some! :D
10/31/2018 4:06 am
DadeyBoy
My aunt said she will buy me 6 gig but i think that's enough
10/29/2018 9:04 pmhistory
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Ninja
Deathdusk
It probably is overheating even with the positioning of the fan and it being new. If the computer is getting pretty warm from the game, it's bound to shut off due to overheating. This is also one of the many reasons why laptops aren't meant for gaming, but anyway, you could try getting one of those boards that plug into the wall or via USB that has fans on it to cool the PC down, at least if that's the case.
10/29/2018 9:25 pm
DadeyBoy
The only thing that is pretty warm is that it's blowing warm air.. but the box is not that hot.
10/29/2018 9:44 pmhistory
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Neither of those things are any real indication of your actual temps on any critical part in your PC.

I personally use https://openhardwaremonitor.org/ to check my temps. I'd recommend monitoring yours as well while you're playing Minecraft to figure out where your problem lies.
10/29/2018 10:57 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
this, also look at the vrm temps, if its a prebuilt computer, then its probably bottom of the barrel parts and if the vrm gets toasty, it will either go pop or shut down the system
10/29/2018 11:01 pm
DadeyBoy
It was a prebuilt computer on a shop.. (The shop was PC Logic in the Philippines) and one day it actually popped and my pc turned off but after it just ran normally again
10/30/2018 2:09 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
i personally would return it and get a refund
10/29/2018 11:00 pm
DadeyBoy
When i was playing MC the temp was stuck on 37 C and suddenly it just shuts down..

i was just playing The Pit on hypixel
10/30/2018 11:19 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Those are super normal temps... Either your temps arent being correctly read for some reason or you have something else going on. Did you make sure all your drivers were updated when you bought it?
10/31/2018 4:03 am
DadeyBoy
It was prebuilt so i had no idea what was happening inside the CPU..
10/30/2018 2:15 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Birb
DukkiStuff
is your monitor plugged into a graphics card or into the motherboard using ryzen intergrated?
10/31/2018 4:02 am
DadeyBoy
I really don't know cause' it's pre-built.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome