Need Help Figuring Out When I Started Playing MC

DJcowchaser's Avatar DJcowchaser7/2/17 12:53 pm
1 emeralds 240 4
7/2/2017 2:12 pm
DJcowchaser's Avatar DJcowchaser
Hello everyone,

I have played Minecraft for a while now and want to know when I started playing the game. I started playing after a friend told me about it. I have looked at the version history and have a guess from looking at it. I know that I have definately played since 1.2.5 was released. 1.2.5 was released April 4, 2012.

When I first started playing, my friend told me to go to a website and I typed in a username and joined some kind of multiplayer server. I do not remember what website this was on. I used to think it was on minecraft.net but I did some research and could not find any information about this being on minecraft.net. Does anyone remember going to minecraft.net. typing in a username, and then joining a server? This might have been Minecraft Classic but I am not sure.

Not long after I started playing on this website, the ability to play Minecraft for free was removed. After this I found another website with a hacked version of the game that I could play for free. A few months later, this website was taken down.

After this website was taken down, I discovered I could play Minecraft for free if I downloaded the launcher. I launched the game and it would fail to login. I would then click a "Play Offline" button. Eventually Mojang removed the ability to do this and on August 2, 2012 I finally purchased the game and began to play it legally.

I hope this background information is helpful and maybe someone will help me figure out the time or version I started playing MC based off of it.
DJcowchaser
Level 17 : Journeyman Cowboy