***I need help with a rat problem***

volderman's Avatar volderman4/23/14 3:37 pm
1 emeralds 314 5
4/23/2014 3:54 pm
Aethroz's Avatar Aethroz
Hi guys so recently I've been noticing some weird droppings in my backyard. Just yesterday I saw 2 rats. I'd ignore them but lately they've been chewing on my internet wires and well my friend who lives across the street has this same problem. His internet provider has to come like 2-3 times a month to replace the wire. I'm scared this will happen to my internet. My internets gotten slower and slower and it's not my PC since I'm using my laptop and it's slow as well. Whats the best way to get rid of rats? I found some mouse traps in my garage but they seem kinda small..... I don't want to kill them but will if I have to. Do you guys know of anyways to get rid of them humanely?
volderman
Level 14 : Journeyman Ranger

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/23/2014 3:54 pm
Level 25 : Expert Cowboy
Aethroz
just make sure you are buying peppermint oil and not peppermint extract
04/23/2014 3:48 pm
Level 25 : Expert Cowboy
Aethroz
All Natural Rat Repellents
All Natural
There are a variety of all natural chemical free, humane rat repellents on the market. Some come in granules that you sprinkle on the ground where rats are present, other types include pouches and bottles. All three products use fear to rid your home of rats and prevent them from returning. Each product contains the scent of a rat predator such as a fox, bobcat or ferret to make the rat think your home is inhabited by one of these animals since rats will avoid areas they smell predators they will not stay in your house for long with these scents in the air.

Peppermint Oil (This is the one I use)
Peppermint Oil
Peppermint oil is another eco-friendly and humane way to get rid of rats. Rats can not stand the smell of peppermint oil and will not stay in an area that reeks of it. To use soak cotton balls in peppermint oil and place along rats known runs and in areas they frequent. You can also soak rags in peppermint oil in their holes if you know where they are. Peppermint oil can be purchased online or in your local grocery store, just make sure you are buying peppermint oil and not peppermint extract which will not be effective in getting rid of rats.

Kitty Litter
Kitty Litter
If you have a cat or know someone with a cat you can use litter from the cat's litter box to ward off rats in an environmentally friendly and humane way. Cats are one of the rats natural predators and the smell of their urine will rid your home of rats. To intensify the smell sprinkle ammonia in the kitty litter before placing it an area that you regularly see rats frequent. You don't have to sprinkle the kitty litter around to get of rats just place a small amount in a plastic container and refresh with new litter periodically.

Electronic Rat Repellent
Electronic Rat Repellent
Electronic rat repellents get rid of rats safely and humanely by creating a pulsing electromagnetic field around your house. Rats do not like the pulsating which thanks to the electric wires in your walls is intensified in the areas they live and will not stay in your house for long. To use you simply plug the device which is available online into an electric outlet in your home. To make sure you get rid of the rats you may want to purchase more than one electronic rat repellent and plug into various rooms in your house and garage. Electronic rat repellents are available online or at your local home improvement or large retail store.

Traps
Traps
While not as humane as other methods rats traps are an environmentally friendly and safe way to rid your home of rats. However if you have young children or curious pets in your home you will want to place traps in areas that are inaccessible to them as they could get hurt by the closing trap. Rat traps eliminate rats by using bait to lure them to the trap and then closing shut on the rat, trapping and killing the rat in the jaws of the trap. You will need to dispose of the rat after it has been caught so if you are squeamish about touching a dead rat you may want to employ a different method of getting rid of rats.Rat traps can be purchased at most hardware stores and online.

Adopt A Cat
Adopt a Cat
If you are up to the responsibilities of pet ownership adopting a cat is a great environmentally way to rid your home of rats. The scent of the cat and the cats prowess as a rat hunter will both work as a deterrent to rats.If you plan to adopt a cat to get rid of rats in your home be aware that cats can live several years and be prepared to properly care for your pet. In addition instead of adopting a kitten you might want to consider adopting an older cat who isn't as adoptable and may end up being put to sleep from your local animal shelter. Not only will an cat be more successful at catching rats they will also probably be litter box trained and easier to care for than a young kitten.

-voices.yahoo.com/eco-friendly-ways-rid-rats-6638794.html
Published by DCFetters
04/23/2014 3:49 pm
volderman
Thanks I plan on using the peppermint one although perhaps getting a cat... my sister would like one.....
04/23/2014 3:43 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Ninja
GenghaSplash
There is no way to get rid of them humanely in my opinion, just set traps around the wires, maybe put some rat poison on some crackers or something, and check back frequently, you don't was a dead rat smell in your house.
04/23/2014 3:47 pm
volderman
I see the problem is the internet wires are inside the walls and their chewing them at night (The internet is getting slower and slower each day). They eat my puppies food which is annoying and I have to clean it each day. I was thinking about putting a trap with some dog food on it and hopefully it'll get rid of them. I just feel it's not humane....
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome