Non premium users.

Jakzba's Avatar Jakzba9/18/12 5:15 pm
9/19/2012 5:19 pm
sed11's Avatar sed11
I'm not sure if this is the right place to do this or anything but here i go anyway.

In my 7 months as a server owner i have discovered something very interesting but irritating. Out in the great wide world of minecraft multiplayer are cracked servers. Not many of them are very big or 24/7 but from my experience some of the best builders out there don't actually have minecraft premium. Now people may not agree with me on this but there should be exemptions for people who can contribute wonderful things to minecraft. But hey thats just my idea, tell me what you think of it.

(Also this is brief if i get enough intrest i will expand on my idea).
Jakzba
Level 13 : Journeyman Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Jakzba
09/19/2012 12:14 am
I never said it did affect how they played. I was merely mentioning the correlation between the two. i never said there was any causality (haha thanks for letting me revise some statistics)
sed11
09/19/2012 5:19 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Hero
Well actually someone else said something about cracked Minecraft players being good builders....
sed11
09/18/2012 5:46 pm
Jakzba
There's a demo for non premium users anyway.

Yeah but a demo is just a demo, And i have to still say there are some good builders out there who can't actually buy premium account.

The demo lasts 5 in-game days.

You can probably play it again, but yeah its probably just Single Player (I haven't tried the Demo version yet, not sure if I will.)

Also, again, I don't see how having cracked Minecraft would effect how people are friendly or good at building.
Jakzba
09/18/2012 5:35 pm

Yeah but a demo is just a demo, And i have to still say there are some good builders out there who can't actually buy premium account.
sed11
09/18/2012 5:30 pm
I don't see how having cracked version effects how they are friendly or are better builders.

There are a lot of good builders and friendly people that bought the game :/

Also, its easy to buy Minecraft, make an account for free, buy the game for only 20 something dollars, then you can play in the browser or download the launcher.

NICCSACC666
09/18/2012 5:29 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Skinner
Notch says he doosent even care about the issue of non premium players at this point. eventually we will buy MC legit or just stop playing altogether. i plan on buying it soon. i already paid 20 for the xbox version.
(im going to purchase a legit version for the simple fact i want to be able to see skins and have others see my original creations/skins.
HAVE FUN CRAFTIN'!
awesomebobdude
09/18/2012 5:32 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
i have PC and x=box and 1 of my best friends in minecraft has a cracked acount but he's soon getting a real legit one
Jakzba
09/18/2012 5:28 pm
Okay i should have mentioned that i didn't expect these people to get it for free, but i don't know maybe some way to make it easier for them to get it or something.

Also cracked players are either the best or worst people i have met there isn't really much of a middle ground. Authme tends to help with the exploitation as well.
JBuskus
09/18/2012 5:23 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Skinner
Still, cracked players are among the frendliest people I've met. The only downside is it's easy for them to exploit, since they can just make anther account in about 10 seconds.
ReaCraft
09/18/2012 5:28 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Nerd
I agree, also, not only can they make 10000 accounts, they can easily grief &/or sock puppet (if they're good at coding)
number1_Master
09/18/2012 5:23 pm
Level 40 : Master Droid
I totally agree with you, except for the fact they should be exempt to paying Minecraft. Minecraft is a game like many others. The developers put hard work into it, and if they don't get money (or anything) out of it, what will be the point? $26 isn't that much money. It wouldn't be a bad idea to ask your parents are even use your own money to buy a little game!
awesomebobdude
09/18/2012 5:20 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
I Agree i mean it took years to make minecraft and this is what they get?
JBuskus
09/18/2012 5:18 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Skinner
I respect your opinion, and I think you are right to some extent. Cracked players (at least in my experience) are as good builders as people who bought the game. Still, they should not recieve special treatment for that. I still think they should just buy the game. It's only $20 and you only pay once.
rudew
09/18/2012 5:43 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
I Payed Twice So Yeah But When It Worked I Say Better Results And Non-Cracked Servers Are Better
Richaell
09/18/2012 5:21 pm
Level 29 : Expert Skinner
Agreed with JBuskus, even so my first encounters with minecraft was a cracked account..
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome