http://twitter.com/notch/status/53105369689501696/#

delicious cookies

and cocoa beans

delicios chocolate cookies!!!

first cake, now cookies
can minecraft get better then this? o.0
c danovich
Level 40 : Master Musician

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/31/2011 2:32 am
Level 84 : Elite Creator
Hadowkai
so does this mean we can make cocaine that makes us move and work faster? lol
03/30/2011 2:14 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Wizard
Zaralith
Yay, brown cloth. Cocoa beans were originally planned as the brown dye, hence them being in the items list.
03/30/2011 12:53 pm
c danovich
my quoted piece is newer:)
but can anybody find where it was announched that the update will come this week?
i read it on minecraftwikia.com, but that isnt very reliable....
03/30/2011 12:49 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Zombie
dadnkjfsdsdf
From The Word of Notch (Tumblr)

The state of Minecraft

There are manly men with powertools in our office, punching floors and walls in an attempt to make things look better. As a result, we haven’t been able to work from the office this week, and worked from home. Jens spent most of the week working on a new mob; the wolf! You can tame it and order it to follow you around, and it’ll work as a pet. They’re fairly rare, but they won’t despawn once you’ve tamed them.

I worked on the achievement and stats system. One design issue was dealing with offline mode and synching the achievements once you get a connection again, but that’s been solved. We’ve got a couple of people in the office who don’t like achievements in games at all, so the goal is to design something that they’re fine with.

Achievements will NOT be chores like “cut down 10000 trees”, but rather challenges like “ride a pig off a cliff”. Stats, however, will be used to keep track of how many trees you have cut down. The long term plan is to show achievements and stats from the profile page on minecraft.net as well, in case you want to brag.

Just keep in mind that because you can design your own levels and run your own servers, people will be able to cheat with achievements and stats!

Oh, and here’s a vid of the wolves: [youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Lp9p5yjuo[/youtube]
03/30/2011 12:46 pm
c danovich
here is something:
I’ve been able to focus on development a lot the last couple of weeks, and we’re hoping to get the new update out soon. It will include the wolves, the ability to change your spawn point, and a rather ambitious statistics tracking and achievement system. Once that update is out, we’ll spend some time figuring out exactly what to do with the modding, which should result in a nice modding API.
03/30/2011 12:38 pm
c danovich
update is planned this week, before 3th of april
let me look to confirm that from a more reliable source then minecraftwikia
dogs will be added along with stats, achievments and setting new spawns(minecraftwikia, so not everything will be true)
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Upcoming_features
03/30/2011 12:33 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Programmer
x1Gambler1x
Someone also said he was adding dogs, someone showed a pic of his tweet, and never made an update on dogs. This was like 20-30 days ago?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome