Older hunger system

2cool4ubr0's Avatar 2cool4ubr06/6/17 10:28 pm
6/15/2017 7:39 pm
guestds's Avatar guestds
I was watching a YouTube video where the guy was talking about the worst updates in Minecraft, when he said, "The old hunger system was that when you were damaged, eating would regent your health, and that's how I think it should still be." Or something like that. So I thought, wht does PMC think about that? So here you are, leave a reply so I know what you think.

Also PMC staff please add polls.
2cool4ubr0
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/15/2017 7:39 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
LeeTheENTP*quote*

they would affect the hunger system and healing and stuff because they affect health and the enchantments would more meaning theyd have to be reverted... i have weird logic so to me its connected to the hunger while others they likely dont consider it that way
06/15/2017 3:45 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
guestds
old food system there wasnt an official hunger bar as your hunger when down when you fell 4 blocks as the old hunger was actually health but ye..whats "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in /home/planetmi/public_html/forums/cache/tpl_planetminecraft_posting_topic_review.html.php on line 66" mean? its at the bottom of my page lol. also the armor was in its position instead of above health like now...

and the current hunger is alot better if youve played for a long time while the old one might be better for newer players before theyre used to walking bushes exploding in their face

I know how the old food system works - it's what was around when I started playing right when the 360 edition launched. I was simply questioning why you brought up things like a lack of armor enchantments when (from what I can tell) we were only discussing the old food system.
06/14/2017 9:48 pm
2cool4ubr0
Cookiesz
2cool4ubr0Also PMC staff please add polls.

Polls already exist lmao.

And I personally like it this way. Food shouldn't be the exact same thing as a health potion.

lol I didn't know that
06/14/2017 8:07 pm
guestds
LeeTheENTP
I thought this discussion was just about the old food system?

old food system there wasnt an official hunger bar as your hunger when down when you fell 4 blocks as the old hunger was actually health but ye..whats "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in /home/planetmi/public_html/forums/cache/tpl_planetminecraft_posting_topic_review.html.php on line 66" mean? its at the bottom of my page lol. also the armor was in its position instead of above health like now...

and the current hunger is alot better if youve played for a long time while the old one might be better for newer players before theyre used to walking bushes exploding in their face
06/14/2017 3:33 pm
Level 49 : Master Creeper Hugger
Cookiesz
2cool4ubr0Also PMC staff please add polls.

Polls already exist lmao.

And I personally like it this way. Food shouldn't be the exact same thing as a health potion.
06/14/2017 3:17 pm
Leeberator
guestds
except that itd mean youd also have at most a diamond sword full diamond armor and 35 food items and enchants would be affected by this so armor cant be enchanted either and i had unbreaking 3 armor almost break in a fight (as in went into damage levels that arent safe feeling for it) and also... armor would need to damaged from falls

I thought this discussion was just about the old food system?
06/14/2017 2:15 am
guestds
LeeTheENTPbrought enough food, wouldn't die

except that itd mean youd also have at most a diamond sword full diamond armor and 35 food items and enchants would be affected by this so armor cant be enchanted either and i had unbreaking 3 armor almost break in a fight (as in went into damage levels that arent safe feeling for it) and also... armor would need to damaged from falls

but command blocks and mods so ye... again though imo the current system is alot better then the old version IF the new system is used in pve BUT pvp people think if someone eats that 2v1 is fair and join in... depends on the situation that makes the systems good or bad or fair
06/13/2017 8:54 pm
Leeberator
It would be too unbalanced. If you brought enough food with you, you wouldn't die in a fight.
06/13/2017 6:17 pm
2cool4ubr0
You guys have sorta argued me into a corner lol, espessically with 1.11
Hunger fix.
06/13/2017 12:35 am
Level 20 : Expert Network
Sparthia
Nah I like it how it is now.
06/12/2017 10:10 pm
2cool4ubr0
Maybe rather then instant health they could make it regen for different times for different foods?
06/13/2017 12:31 am
guestds
by times you mean rate or amount? if you mean amount thats part of the secondary bar (not visual without mods) that shows saturation gold carrots give the most saturation in the game (according to Xisumavoid and this is for like 1.10 and mightve changed) while i think melons are worst saturation and worst food (unless you HAVE to eat it and KI is false) is flesh... according to wiki "food bar is at 20 or greater and saturation is non-empty, health regenerates at 1 health point each 1⁄2-second" so thats the heal rate and saturation cant be more then the hunger

if you mean the rate of regen... why not use potions or gold apples? gold apples heal 4 with the regen idk for hunger 8 gold+apple=gold apple netherwart>glistermelon>glowstone=health2

but theres likely a way if youre willing to only play sp (making bedrock able to mined makes the game freak out when connecting to or connected to by someone so) make the health go faster or slower depending on food or simply command block it and it should be ALOT easier (still hard but) itd need the eat health and depending on saturation heal that amount but have it always take 2.5 seconds but heal different amounts?
06/12/2017 9:54 pm
Level 38 : Artisan uwu
Ben36
With the new hunger system early-game sucks, you can't just sit down and start building you have to immediately go find a reliable source of food. I think that's most peoples' complaints. Though I'll admit the old one is completely OP and would make PvP suck
06/08/2017 12:27 am
guestds
Click to reveal
excluding effects (im not mathing that either and ive managed to make that into a word im gonna use lol) and attributes and momentum and other magical magics you already have 3 speeds: sneaking walking and sprinting

and again without the potions so if you put speed 2 (assuming i remembered right and next part doesnt change Xisumas tests and survival friendly) and dont sprint or slowness 2 on sprint you can get speeds between them

though im pretty sure using command blocks and other magicaller (more words yay) magical magic like function files you can make hunger be set at 8 (health and hunger are of 20 not of 10 as i think float) and every time its not count the hunger added and revert to 8 and add it to the health

i think that was a oneblock command block somewhere... forget where i saw it exactly but i think it was Logdotzip

though as ive been playing since beta 1.6.6 i had the health bar and nothing or the health bar and the armor (wear armor then imagine it was where the hunger bar is now) that was to me 22% OP and i was horrible at fighting mobs so i ragequit the instant i found out about the minecraft god called changing difficulty aka i went to peaceful and even peaceful it was still too good

heres the basic history or health regen:
instant health food: *eats* yay that slots clear and half my health is healed (that sucked having food not stack... buckets? eh makes sense whether empty ones do or dont stack imo)
time heal: *eats* eh... oh ye *eats more* there full bar... eh... dig a hole and hide till healed
and now the saturation speed heal: *eat eat eat* waiting... there im hea--- *someone decides to 2v1 you*

basically half people liked the instant heal and half liked slow heal with hunger and mojang came up with a way to keep both (and are fixing it alittle so you dont lose as much by sprinting) and magic thats the newest one...

ive gotten used to everything seeming like it needs to be spoilered lol...
06/07/2017 9:56 pm
2cool4ubr0
Sry for posting twice my internet got laggy for a sec.
06/07/2017 9:55 pm
2cool4ubr0
what if you would run at a medium speed instead of slow/fast?
06/07/2017 9:55 pm
2cool4ubr0
Yes I guess that could be a problem, what if you would run at a medium speed instead of slow/fast?
06/06/2017 11:57 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Pixel Painter
Jakarian Studios
We wouldn't be able to sprint without the new hunger.
06/06/2017 10:56 pm
2cool4ubr0
I don't mean the pre-1.11 hunger that was broken, I mean the early, you eat food= heal one.
06/06/2017 10:33 pm
Level 45 : Master Chef
Cheffy
lol no
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome