1

Patch 1.7 ( Cant wait )

MrMoooshi •6/3/11 3:41 pm
•
807
•
6/24/2011 10:10 pm
Hey guys, I just want to talk about the new patch that's coming out, so I've heard from different people that there will be adventure mode? So basically that would be like the Yogscast but the NPC's and not real people acting. I have also heard Notch is bringing in the Piston mod I don't think this is true but if it is that would be epic. I'll try to come back to this post if I here more info, thanks.

-MrMoooshi
Posted by
MrMoooshi
Level 5 : Apprentice Unicorn
3

  Have something to say?

Join • Sign in

31

Theguy101
• 06/24/2011 10:10 pm
• Level 23 : Expert Skinner
Note: It's "The Adventure UPDATE". He never said anything about adding
adventure MODE.
1
Nojam4u
• 06/24/2011 5:00 am
• Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
MrMoooshiHey guys, I just want to talk about the new patch that's coming out, so I've heard from different people that there will be adventure mode? So basically that would be like the Yogscast but the NPC's and not real people acting. I have also heard Notch is bringing in the Piston mod I don't think this is true but if it is that would be epic. I'll try to come back to this post if I here more info, thanks.

-MrMoooshi


Didn't Notch himself state he was releasing the Pistons with the 1.7 update of Minecraft?
I find the Adventure Craft to be quite interesting. I've been a big Runescape fan for about 7 years now and to know that there will be NPC's in a game 10x better than Minecraft, is, for a lack of words, fucking kick ass.
1
Wulf_Oman
• 06/24/2011 3:46 am
• Level 46 : Master Elf
For one, to all of you, pistons WILL be added in 1.7. They even posted a video of it on youtube.
Also adventure update could be 1 of 2 things.
1. It could be like adventure maps, as in it will give you more items to use for things like adventure maps
2. It could litterly be an adventure. New areas, new mobs, etc

Also it WILL NOT be like yogscast. I doubt they'll add some evil mastermind with demonic castle and boxes of steel. Also I doubt he'll add random stuff like carnivals. But I will not doubt that they will come out with NPC villages.

They only will be releasing it in full because they can. Retreating from beta isnt a way of saying "lets stop updating" its just saying 'Lets release this game, and continue updating it with out constantly changing the "name". For example, Terraria is officially out, but they still update.
1
marcelov1120
• 06/24/2011 3:10 am
• Level 32 : Artisan Pokémon
I also heard shears and this other tool for leaf shaping is also comming out! that would be cool for mazes with the use of leaves! and you can get em using them shears. pistons would be a work of art in PvP, Rp and survival! and of course all the damn bugs out there. and yes adventure craft is something like npcs that give you quests or such, just like little partners, i dont find that interesting at all.
1
WhoCaresBitch
• 06/23/2011 11:47 pm
• Level 1 : New Warrior
I think when the 1.7 update they will make NPC's and randomly genarated worlds!
1
IronToastBot
• 06/24/2011 12:38 am
• Level 56 : Grandmaster Sailor
I'm sorry, but your name... just too ironic..
1
iRapp
• 06/19/2011 3:45 pm
• Level 50 : Grandmaster Technomancer
@Rageman, there is absolutely no need to be rude. But @adamdude333, I'm not actually that pumped about Adventure Mode either. I've always loved Minecraft for the building aspect, and if they take too much away from that, I will be very upset.
1
rageman96
• 06/21/2011 2:55 am
• Level 42 : Master Lad
Well he tried to make me feel like i dont know anything and im not the sort of person to sit around and take that
1
itsHIMM
• 06/19/2011 3:55 pm
• Level 1 : New Miner
Then just ignore the adventure part and continue what you were doing on a regular basis.
1
mommaCarole
• 06/19/2011 9:53 am
• Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
Notch has said that after the official release, there will still be (and will continue to be) more updates, patches, etc. He said that basically, the game will continue on like it is right now, and the whole reason they're going "official" is to take the stupid "beta" tag off the name.

So yes, they'll continue to update, add new content, and keep the game a living thing. Yay!
1
adamdude333
• 06/19/2011 12:22 am
• Level 26 : Expert Toast
I really hope they dont make adventure mode mix with survival mode, because i like games that arn't to much like a fantasy/mystery game. I think im the only one who isn't exited for adventure mode.
1
Smink
• 06/18/2011 11:41 pm
• Level 58 : Grandmaster Pegasus
@ gambler so after 1.7 is there still gonnna be updates ^.^ im still unsure :l
1
GrizzlyAmish
• 06/18/2011 11:44 pm
• Level 30 : Artisan Mountaineer
Of course. There will be bugs, and they will fix them.
Pistons are confirmed for 1.7. A video was released last week with him testing it.
1
Smink
• 06/19/2011 12:00 am
• Level 58 : Grandmaster Pegasus
Yeah i know taht what i meant was that is when the full version is out will they still add new stuff i.e pistons(now)
1
EdoKara
• 06/18/2011 11:03 pm
• Level 32 : Artisan Mountaineer
wonder how the specifics would unfold for adventure mode. maybe higher risks for death or special rules in dungeons? pure speculation. hope the adventure mode is worthwhile.
1
soontobeawesome
• 06/18/2011 6:39 pm
• Level 27 : Expert Creeper
Notch's words :

"1.7, the Adventure Update"

"If we like them, we will add the Pistons in 1.7"

NPC's will not be in 1.7, but they ARE working on NPC's

Pistons will probably be added in 1.7, along with some related bugs that will be fixed in 1.8

"Adventure" probably means randomly generated temples and castles with puzzles and mob spawners in them with some hidden treasure, like a REALLY big surface dungeon
1
Sneaki_Muffinz
• 06/18/2011 6:38 pm
• Level 9 : Apprentice Architect
There is no "Mode" apparently, It's just more adventurous, he said that combat would be more rewarding though.Pistons are confirmed as well are Sticky Pistons. I second x1Gambler1x's info that the full game will be out in Autumn.
1
GrizzlyAmish
• 06/18/2011 6:34 pm
• Level 30 : Artisan Mountaineer
He said in a tweet that 1.7 was coming out this week. Time to start searching for it.

NVM, I was wrong.
And if you dare quote me saying I'm wrong then i'll kick yer butt!! >O

http://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/81848044550758401
1
x1Gambler1x
• 06/18/2011 6:20 pm
• Level 54 : Grandmaster Programmer
Lol'ing at the third post. The Pistons ARE coming out on Beta 1.7, there won't be a Beta 1.8 because after 1.7_04 is Minecraft full, which is coming out this Autumn.
1
rageman96
• 06/19/2011 2:45 pm
• Level 42 : Master Lad
Alright, sorry im not a total minecraft fanatic who knows when everythings coming out and when, i was just making generalisations

P.S-If you find that funny then you have a very poor taste in comedy, it was hardy a "lolling" moment was it?
1
SoulStealer
• 06/18/2011 6:24 pm
• Level 39 : Artisan Toast
Isn't the full one gonna have MineCraft Adventure Mode or something like that?
1
MCNerd
• 06/18/2011 6:14 pm
• Level 1 : New Explorer
Somebody now WHEN its coming??
1
SoulStealer
• 06/18/2011 6:16 pm
• Level 39 : Artisan Toast
It's not confirmed yet ... Notch hasn't said a release date yet.
1
mommaCarole
• 06/13/2011 12:57 pm
• Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
I'm thinking "adventure mode" might involve quests, but god help me, if it's "kill 1000 pigs" I will hurt someone. I did my grinding in WoW, thankyouverymuch, I don't need to do it in minecraft too!

hee hee
1
crazyazey12
• 06/13/2011 11:33 am
• Level 26 : Expert Narwhal
i hope adventure modes like millinair mod so you have to find towns and advance them to unlock clues and stuff
1
peragon
• 06/13/2011 2:09 am
• Level 49 : Master Technomancer
Does any one know what ''adventure mode" actually is? I mean how advanced it will be.
1
bam1999
• 06/05/2011 12:34 pm
• Level 1 : New Miner
i am so happy i mean the yogscast they seem that they have a lot of fun. but i herd that there mite be a lot of glitches. is this true or false?
1
owlcityfreek
• 06/09/2011 11:04 pm
• Level 1 : New Miner
I mean, I would think there would be a lot of glitches, especially at first. Keep in mind this is a beta and it will be the first time we've played it. They're bound to run into some glitches here and there.I'm sure they'll get fixed along the way though, of course.
1
Smink
• 06/05/2011 4:09 am
• Level 58 : Grandmaster Pegasus
Amg piston would be epic i wouldnt have to keep updating my bin file with the new pistons
1
rageman96
• 06/05/2011 3:45 am
• Level 42 : Master Lad
He will add the pistons but probably not on this update, most likely 1.8. The 1.7 update is probably just going to be adventure mode and 1.7_1/1.7_2 etc etc will be patching adventure mode bugs. It should be out soon enough but Minecraft's been to e3 this weekend.
1
sackboy288
• 06/03/2011 3:44 pm
• Level 1 : New Explorer
ONWARDS TO THE ADVENTURE UPDATE! *holds up sword, poses dramatically* -Notch
1

Welcome