Question

Kevin244's Avatar Kevin24410/5/16 2:55 pm
1 emeralds 520 5
12/18/2016 7:37 am
Bertiecrafter's Avatar Bertiecrafter
Hello my name is David and i wonder how i can get more players on my minecraft server i did post my server on alot of servers lists but people just join once and they get bored and leave my server has 50 slots but it's boring because there is no people online
Kevin244
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/18/2016 7:37 am
Level 70 : Legendary Engineer
Bertiecrafter
Also, try to find a gamemode that allows players to play if they are on their own.
Getting the initial players is the hardest part.

In general, pvp (player vs -another- player) is simply not a good thing to start your server with. Unless you got a community going already and this server can easily be populated of course...
12/18/2016 6:38 am
Kevin244
it's all changed we have a way better spawn now and crates and way more.
10/05/2016 5:07 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Ah, there it is. A few things are cutting into potential player numbers.
-The spawn is an obsidian box. Not saying the spawn has to be some fancy download, but a box does take a few people out of the equation, as the appeal won't come from the builds. They don't indicate effort, basically.
-The enjin site is very standard, still has the original announcement post, original forums, has two different application format threads, and is generally just not done/polished in any way. Doesn't show any effort.
-Doner ranks aren't anything special or EULA friendly (takes a few players off on the spot).
In short, it's a factions server that doesn't have anything to legitimately grasp players. Factions servers that get players tend to offer side features that flavor the mode, which aren't present here. There is no polish and not much professionalism. In short, the main things that grab people aren't there. They can get many more features on other factions servers, even on the same page in the various lists they are advertised on.

Polish, on the site and in-game, more features, and something to stand out are things to consider, as there's nothing to hold players in. You're facing thousands of factions servers, meaning even if your server classified as well above average, you're still in a heated competition to retain people and not have them just go to the next factions server that comes along.

Advertising is only a part of the job and covers only the part about getting players on. The even tougher part is making sure the joiners stay.
10/05/2016 4:14 pm
Shadow_1313
hmmm i looked at your server, i see it's a PvP factions server. i see your from the netherlands, me too.
Not everyone is interested in PvP or Factions, myself for instance hate PvP servers.
A while back i had my own server, i had the same problem it was a sort of Towny server.
I changed things around and made multiple worlds, 1 for towny and freebuild survival without PvP, 1 PvP world with a bunch of diffrent games like battle arena, mob arena, etc, etc, and a creative world.
I also noticed a player increase from different server lists when i changed my land flag or mentioned it was an english and Dutch speaking server.

I'm not here to tell you what to do with your server, i'm just sharing my experience with a server. good luck with your server and maybe i'll hop in sometime.
10/05/2016 3:41 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
What kind of server is it? IP?

Part of the issue may well be that your server just doesn't have anything that would keep people. If it's something that you can find elsewhere going down the lists of ad sites, you'll be lucky to pull people in saying "meh, why not" and if you're really lucky, actually keeping those people. The second lucky part appears to not have come yet :p
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome