Quickest way to Gain Exp...?

Red-SJ's Avatar Red-SJ4/7/18 2:52 pm
1 emeralds 160 1
4/14/2018 5:05 pm
ShelLuser's Avatar ShelLuser
So...!
Just curiosity, how do people speedily farm for exp on the normal vanilla, in-modded single player?
Want Ideas that can help me and others XD
Currently, my favourite is to use a spawner cage in an empty 3x2x3 space, enclosed by a mountain and a single shaft falling down about 5 blocks. A water block would be placed beneath it so that the mob is swept towards a hopper attached to a chest (the brown thing behind the grey triangle, if you can see it on the GIF) then using half bricks you make a little letter box hole where you can attack the mobs without being attacked. I'm explaining this badly but hopefully the badly drawn GIF can help explain. then when the mob dies, any dropped items get stored and the exp is gain. I saw the original idea on a video, however this is my interpretation of it. the original idea is not mine.
Any other suggestions or plans would be amazing!

Thanks
Silly GIF of explanation

Red-SJ
Level 1 : New Crafter