Rail update?

AMCAtomic's Avatar AMCAtomic10/19/13 1:15 am
1 emeralds 323 5
10/19/2013 2:18 am
insomniac_lemon's Avatar insomniac_lemon
i really think minecraft should do a huge Rail Update/RU so people can use other rails cuase i am getting tired of using redstone rails.So what do you think that is my thing so what do you think what blocks of rails they should add if they do one so answer.
WHAT DO YOU WANT?
AMCAtomic
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/19/2013 2:18 am
Level 40 : Master Pixel Painter
insomniac_lemon
I think they should add "iron scaffolding", a non-solid block that rails, torches, redstone, ladders, and other utilities could be placed on , but would not themselves have a collision box. This would allow for minecarts going places that mobs and players could not.

Personally though, I think the entire rail system should be redone. The only reason it uses gold is because gold is useless otherwise, and someone suggested it to Jeb a long time ago through twitter.

I think they should remake the system sort of like it is now, with a few fundamental differences. For one, there needs to be better minecart physics along with linkable minecarts. "Furnace Minecarts" get a bit more advanced in crafting, and become more powerful. Instead of "powered rails" pushing normal carts, activator rails power "redstone carts", a high-cost but powerful and fast cart.

Both the upgraded furnace minecart and redstone cart would be equal power and would not allow for a rider. A "control cart" would not only allow controlling the speed and direction of a cart train it was linked to, but also would allow control what was pushing it-meaning you could use the furnace cart to push when there were no activator rails, or just the redstone minecart when there were.

I think they should make the rail system more useful as well. Not only should they be faster and easier to make, I would really enjoy it if you could use it to transfer resources (logs, sand, gravel). And no, I don't mean like a chest minecart, but something that has the same inventory of a double chest, but only for 1 material, like if you put logs in it, it can only transport logs until they are removed.
10/19/2013 1:24 am
Level 36 : Artisan Architect
jgrocks2
I don't really see any other kinds of rails. . . The only kinds I can come up with is something Mojang'll never add
10/19/2013 1:20 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
SpectralK
Well, it'll be awhile until Mojang decides to add it. Probably 5+ updates.
10/19/2013 1:17 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
SpectralK
There's actually a mod that adds those rails. It's called Rail Craft.
10/19/2013 1:18 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
AMCAtomic
yes but i don't want it to be in a mod
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome