Redstone Logic Interest

smack17's Avatar smack17 • 1/15/21 7:30 pm
1/20/2021 12:04 pm
ShelLuser's Avatar ShelLuser
Just curious how interested people are in learning redstone logic. Like creating circuits that use logic gates to produce some sort of output.

Poll ended 01/22/2021 7:30 pm.

smack17
Site Moderator
Level 30 : Artisan Dolphin

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/20/2021 12:04 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
No kidding: TTL circuitry was the main reason I became interested in Minecraft, the game behind it was merely a nice bonus at first (and soon became a way of living! 😎).

It was actually my gf who introduced me to Minecraft and knowing my interest in logical circuits and such (I grew up with them, I actually have an experimental circuit board somewhere which you could use to build your own logic circuits; used several IC's and they got layed out in NAND gates which all had "soldering pins" (I think that's the word?) which could then be used to build circuits, I messed around a lot with that during my teen years). Heck, even hooked that thing up to my C64 at one time so that I could control parts using my computer!

errr, where was I? 🤔

Right! Knowing about all this she set me behind a creative redstone world, showed me how to open the inventory and then laid out some dust, a torch and a lamp and maybe a switch (?) and she was like: "Look, electric circuits in Minecraft" and also mentioned that those torches did stuff too. She didn't know exactly what but... they could be turned off (?).

So I started experimenting, and the first things I build in Minecraft were AND, OR, NAND and XOR gates (I was quite proud of that last one). It was honestly then and there when I was convinced that I had to have this game, so I grabbed my license the very next moment after all those circuits worked.

Later we started playing in survival and honestly... playing survival with a good friend (who you know & really like) for the first time ? Priceless! We started playing around 9 I think (after dinner anyway) and we stopped around 4 or 5am (could also been around 6) when we suddenly noticed that it was getting light outside already! 👀

Fortunately this was on a Friday evening, we were at my place and Saturday was our day off anyway, but yeah... One thing led to another and I became very interested in redstone.

I can't design nice houses and stuff (though I'm making progress!) but redstone? :)

Seriously... the best redstone circuits are those which you build within confines. So... someone asks me "could you automate my door?" and then you have somewhat limited space to put your circuits. That can really bring out the best in a design IMO.

But I'm rambling again :) Sorry, but I really enjoy redstone; IMO it's one of the best features in the game. When I'm playing with my gf it very often goes like this: she does the interior designs, so making a nice house and such while I work on the functional parts like the storage room, automated doors and other gizmos.

And now I suddenly feel like a Minecraft session this evening :)
01/18/2021 6:43 pm
Level 26 : Expert Warrior
ImYourFwend_
i don't rlly like redstone, it's just making me so dizzy 🤮plus, it's like making a lift with redstone things. but why you need to hard work if you can build some stairs instead?
01/18/2021 5:50 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Miner
Scott1066166
this sounds like an awesome thing I don't know a lot but I would like to match my build skills my redstone and my skin making skills and become a really good Minecraft player
01/18/2021 5:43 pm
Level 28 : Expert Modder
TaiKni
i want to learn
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome