Server quieter than usual?

UltimusMC's Avatar UltimusMC6/4/20 3:37 pm
1 emeralds 148 8
6/5/2020 12:56 am
UltimusMC's Avatar UltimusMC
Any other server owners notice their servers are a little quieter than usual?

I mean, with everything going on in the world I totally get it, so i'm not too concerned. I'm just curious if it's happening for others too.

If it's happening for you, are you trying anything to keep people engaged? Is it working?

We have a building competition going on in hopes of keeping people checking in every so often to work on their build.

Good luck, everyone!
UltimusMC
Level 13 : Journeyman Archer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/05/2020 12:50 am
Level 26 : Expert Explorer
ChronoFury
Probably due to the quarantine measures that are starting to be eased in many countries around the world.
Hypixel hit 100k players at its peak when the lockdown measures were first imposed, now its playerbase has dropped significantly to around 50-60k.
06/05/2020 12:56 am
UltimusMC
geeeeezus... yeah, we're a small server and at peak times we had 13 or 14 people on at one time, and now we're lucky to have 3 or 4 on at once.
06/04/2020 8:35 pm
Level 26 : Expert Crafter
partykid4
I'm noticing the same thing. Player counts have dropped quite a bit the past week or so.
06/04/2020 8:56 pm
UltimusMC
Do you think it has anything to do with Dungeons, or the quarantines being lifted a bit?
06/04/2020 9:18 pmhistory
Level 26 : Expert Crafter
partykid4
Chances are that there is no main reason. My best guess is that it is a number of factors, Minecraft Dungeons and quarantines being lifted are probably some of these factors, each taking a small amount of players away. Another factor is the end of the school year for many students, with final exams taking people away. Another factor could be Minecraft being on the decline again.

Google trends shows a drop in 10 points this past week in the United States and 9 points Internationally,
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=Minecraft
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=Minecraft&geo=US

Edit: These values keep changing slightly. I've edited them a couple times, but chances are they will still be wrong when you see them.
06/05/2020 12:24 am
UltimusMC
All of those are really good points. I didn't even think about school being out because I feel like it's WAY too early for that but yeah.. that would definitely be a good factor.
06/04/2020 8:22 pm
Level 20 : Expert Miner
rekrap2
What server do you run?
06/04/2020 8:55 pm
UltimusMC
Ultimus Apocalypsis. You can find the link in my profile. I don't want to throw up a link or anything through here because im not sure if that's an okay thing to do outside of normal server shares.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome