Simple world between just 2 devices

Valen66's Avatar Valen663/2/19 11:54 am
2 emeralds 139 3
3/3/2019 1:10 pm
Valen66's Avatar Valen66
I want to play "peaceful mode' with my young son. Him on the xbox and myself on my PC so we can build and learn together. What is the simply way to do this? just an open world for two players.

Can i do this with the $7.99 / month "realms" and is that best way to go?

Can i do this if i build my own server and under "add external server" just put in my local IP address of the server i built? (have to learn how to do that to start but....)

can both my xbox and win 10 PC be signed into the same MS account? or do i need to create something for my son to use?

advice is much appreciated
Valen66
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/03/2019 1:10 pm
Valen66
Figured it all out. on xbox had to login to settings > account > family and change my son setting to allow to play on line since technically the 'LAN' game is a shared game. tx all for responses
03/03/2019 9:11 am
Valen66
Thank you! Yes i figured it out. Windows firewall is always a culprit. I can get laptop / win 10 PC / and xbox all to see same world across LAN.

Issue now is signing into the xbox as my son's child MS account or my wifes it won't allow me to join multiplayer.

"Xbox live settings do not allow multiplayer, check your privacy & online security"

I can't find this at all, i've set everything to allow in the xbox i think. I can join the multiplayer if i'm signed in as myself on the xbox, just then both players have the same gamer tag.
03/02/2019 6:36 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
Does your PC have Minecraft Window's 10 edition?
If you use the Java edition you can't connect to the Xbox due to different game engines.
Use the Windows 10 edition for crossplay compatibility.

If you do have the Windows 10 edition, you don't need realms.
It should detect through LAN in his xbox/your pc.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome