Snapshot 21w15a thoughts. (And important news for 1.17)feedback

Eventlesstew's Avatar Eventlesstew4/14/21 6:01 pm history
4 emeralds 166 3
4/16/2021 1:42 am
Homemade_Adventures's Avatar Homemade_Adventures

Minecraft snapshot 21w15a is here, but we also got some important news:

Minecraft update 1.17 is going to be split in two parts.
This means that we will get the first half of 1.17 this winter (Southern hemisphere) and the second half as a christmas gift, I completely understand and agree to why mojang is doing this for the health and happiness of their workers as overworking or a bad mood can affect the final result of the update, this is also due to COVID-19 affecting stockholm, sweden making everyone work remotely.

This means that the team can now have some more time to work on the terrain generation and performance without any compromises. This is a list of the things that will be included in 1.17 part 1:

• Goats
  • Axolotls
  • Amethyst Crystals
  • The Spyglass
  • Geodes
  • Tinted Glass
  • Copper
  • Lightning Rod
  • Glow Squid
  • Glow Ink
  • Powder Snow
  • Lush Cave Blocks
  • Dripstone Cave Blocks
  • Deepslate
  • Ore Variants
  • Glow Lichen
  • Multiplayer Sleeping Rule in Java edition

Original sources: https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/a-caves---cliffs-announcement + https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360059400852

Now onto the snapshot, this is one cool snapshot as even though it's on the smaller side, this is at least a preperation of what 1.17 part 1 will look like!
Share your thoughts in the google fourm here!
Oh and one thing, goats apparently don't ram into stuff yet according to Xisumavoid.

Anyway, have a good day!
-Eventlesstew
Eventlesstew
Level 43 : Master Pixel Puncher