Squids Must Go.

flantig's Avatar flantig9/3/11 5:36 am
1 emeralds 2.9k 15
9/3/2011 6:30 pm
flantig's Avatar flantig
I really dislike squids because of the fact they always clutter my fountain (about 10 of them spawn in a fairly small fountain). So I was wondering if it was possible to prevent squids from spawning, can someone tell me if there is a mod or method to remove these pests from the game.
flantig
Level 25 : Expert Pokemon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/03/2011 6:30 pm
flantig

ChrisPerson
1. I seriously don't get it... Why would you want to get rid of squid? Free ink sacs!
2. *sighs* I know a way to get rid of them. Make a large underground chamber (at least 15x15x15 if possible) beneath your fountain (any depth will do), then completely fill it up with still water. The idea is to provide a larger area for squid to spawn, making them spawn loads less in your fountain.

I don't need ink sacs (Because I use toomanyitems, yes I'm a cheater), thank you for the idea aswell.
09/03/2011 6:17 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Network
ChrisPerson
flantigI really dislike squids because of the fact they always clutter my fountain (about 10 of them spawn in a fairly small fountain). So I was wondering if it was possible to prevent squids from spawning, can someone tell me if there is a mod or method to remove these pests from the game.

1. I seriously don't get it... Why would you want to get rid of squid? Free ink sacs!
2. *sighs* I know a way to get rid of them. Make a large underground chamber (at least 15x15x15 if possible) beneath your fountain (any depth will do), then completely fill it up with still water. The idea is to provide a larger area for squid to spawn, making them spawn loads less in your fountain.
09/03/2011 5:45 pm
flantig
Yea that fountain is the only source of water so I'll try making an aquarium, Thank you for all your responds.
09/03/2011 4:05 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragonborn
Enzetsu
you can use worldguard in smp and stop mobs from spawning
09/03/2011 4:02 pm
Level 28 : Expert Dragonborn
KCUROV
if they got rid of squid then where would we get a major amount of dye's?
09/03/2011 3:58 pm
Level 25 : Expert Dragonborn
Khanz
You could just use a mod or a plugin (If it's a SMP server)
09/03/2011 10:59 am
Level 30 : Artisan Architect
Rodriqoo
OMG YES! I was thinking about that ALL day when i was busy at work building my Project. I kinda like the squids except for them spawning in small area's which is why i came up with the idea of squids are only aloud to spawn in area's no smaller that 5x5 or maybe bigger. So that they don't spawn in our beloved fountains and area's because their fcxkin' annoying .______.
09/03/2011 10:52 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Ralon17
Well, the problem is most likely that your fountain is the only water the game has (near you) to spawn squids in. If you make some other body of water, there will be less of a chance to have fountain squid. As Excision said, just build yourself a large aquarium out of sight.
09/03/2011 10:15 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
there is a mod (that you use when you install Mo' Creatures) that allows the modder to create an in-game configuration editor, with a button and menu like the options menu on the main screen. It would just need to be edited to allow you to control the default mobs.

... don't ask me how, I dunno.
09/03/2011 10:13 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
MasterLeafVideos
We need a mod that can turn some mobs on/off.
09/03/2011 10:03 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
if you use the Mo' Creatures mod, you can turn the squids off and on. Problem is, then you'll get sharks, dolphins and fish spawning in your fountain instead.
09/03/2011 9:53 am
Level 26 : Expert Miner
Excision
I assume your on a flat map then :I

Just create a really big Aquarium underground. :I
09/03/2011 6:37 am
flantig
@Darky I do kill them, but they come back within a second or two. It is really tedious to kill squids over and over again (even with the mod SPC).

@Theminemaster Please explain your love towards squids. Because to me they just make things look disgusting. Anyone would mistake my fountain for a mini aquarium because of those dang squids.
09/03/2011 5:39 am
Level 23 : Expert Miner
Emma5000
nooo squids are awesome!
09/03/2011 5:37 am
Level 36 : Artisan Dragonborn
Darky
Just kill them...
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com