A story driven server?

brandonjr3's Avatar brandonjr37/29/17 10:50 pm
8/5/2017 10:47 am
Kotathix's Avatar Kotathix
Hello! My name is Brandon and I was wondering if anyone would want to play on a server with a story like Mianite, or Shadow of Israphel, where the server would be driven by a story causing events to happen. Any thoughts or interests?
brandonjr3
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/05/2017 10:47 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Kotathix
brandonjr3Hello! My name is Brandon and I was wondering if anyone would want to play on a server with a story like Mianite, or Shadow of Israphel, where the server would be driven by a story causing events to happen. Any thoughts or interests?

Hello, Brandon! It seems you're looking for a server that has it's own lore and things happen according to the story itself, and I believe I have what you're looking for! If your server's having issues of any kind, or even fails to launch properly, I can assure you that Shattered Reality is stable. Again, it's rather small, but it's fully-functioning.
Please visit https://shatteredrealityrp.enjin.com/ for more information! The characters involved each have their own names, stories, and even their own races. We'd be pleased to add you to the team.
08/05/2017 9:31 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
I strongly suggest *not* having the basic safeguards be lifted. Unless you have an application that you intend to be through with in order to get in, you cannot trust people to not simply come in as a group and systematically destroy the server. It's a shame when effort can be so easily undone, and people coming in to see a griefed server will probably not be too fond of staying for a while.

So while yes, no hard-enforceable rules is unique, there must be some baseline to avoid just being another anarchy server with the wrong start.

brandonjr3(What do you call characters in a game?)

"Roleplayer" is usually fitting :p otherwise characters works.
08/05/2017 8:06 am
Level 20 : Expert Network
Sparthia
Seems very unique.
08/05/2017 3:12 am
brandonjr3
Currently, we are looking for actors! (What do you call characters in a game?) We want to include some of you to be in the server to be your own character and assist or fight against the 'players' if you're interested, please pm me!
08/04/2017 11:58 am
MoonsMask
Hello I'm alyssa and im helping Brandon with the server. As an update because Brandon cant be here atm, I will say its going smoothly. Please let us or more likely Brandon know whether or not any of his suggestions appeal to you.

In my words its has a realistic (kind of) feel to it. only in the way that you can do anything. everything is Greifable including spawn although it is agaist the law and you could be caught and put in jail, its your choice.

Brandon has a lot of really cool ideas that I cant wait for him to let me in on.
Its going to be a lot of fun, its definatly unique.
08/04/2017 3:21 am
brandonjr3
Currently looking for some more players to join, I apologize if it takes me a while to get back to you I work a lot! Current update: Spawn is being terraformed and built the server should be opened next Saturday! (8/12/17) I hope to see some of you there!
08/02/2017 3:47 am
brandonjr3
Here's a snit bit of what's different:
The server will be a fantasy (medieval-magic) style buildings, it will have a story that is influenced by you, the players. Depending on what you contribute or how you act will change the story, it is not a linear story where you go talk to npcs and they give you quests, it will be event driven with twists. The King if asked will hand out missions or you may overhear a conversation and decide you want to pitch into the fight, exploration, or gathering. All events will be handmade, and crafted with love <3, an example is the vault raids I mentioned, A vault raid will be where you or a group of people enter a dungeon filled with traps and enemy groups all competing to get the same treasure, and trust me the loot will be tough to get. You will be given a title depending on your playstyle and recieve missions aligning to said play style, if you're a mage then you might have to clear out taint or participate in a mage battle. Inside of the kingdom will be laws, not rules. The difference being if you see a shop and decide you'd rather steal than starve to death you can! If you are caught breaking a law you will be tried, thrown in jail or executed.
08/01/2017 2:06 pm
brandonjr3
For all those interested in playing, or have questions, please join this discord server: https://discord.gg/aV2mMpq The story will change depending on how you, the players, contribute or don't, with a plethora of handmade challenges. The server will be using the modpack Mainite Reborn, I hope to see some of you interested join the discord! Thanks!
07/31/2017 1:37 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Cowboy
Ratchet55
In call me in discord: Ratchet55#2421
07/31/2017 12:25 pm
brandonjr3
I am not talking about a linear story line, the server will have events with multiple outcomes, and the players choices will affect the story to go different ways. We will also have random events like vault raids where you must go through a handmade dungeon full of traps and other surprises for amazing loot
07/31/2017 2:41 am
Level 39 : Artisan Architect
Grigorio
-snip-
07/31/2017 2:03 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
IGB
If you`re looking for a story driven server I recommend Lord of the craft, a very lore driven roleplay server, mc.lotc.co
07/31/2017 1:45 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Crafter
This Account is Inactive
I dont know if anybody is still active or if they found anything about this, But Im working on a custom modpack to make a story driven. It has a discord and the modpack page is here: https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/fal ... axy.929123
07/31/2017 7:48 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
Yolowizard124
That Sounds Great Downloading right now
07/31/2017 12:43 am
fl4sh
I would be interested
07/31/2017 12:05 am
brandonjr3
Well, I've decided to go ahead and try to do it! I just need some input, I believe the server will run using the Mianite Reborn Pack, and I would like to know what plugins anyone would like, or just leave it the vanilla-modded server it is. Also, as the players will be the main characters I want you all to decide if the main starting point which will be a castle (go figure), should specialize in something like a Magic castle, a steampunk castle or just a regular castle!
07/30/2017 7:08 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
_inactivity
Well, say something if you start on it.
07/30/2017 1:24 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
Dragon_Harmony
Eee! Sound awesome. I would definitely join!
07/30/2017 12:49 pm
brandonjr3
It seems like it would be fun as long as I have enough members to start it
07/30/2017 12:49 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
_inactivity
That sounds fun. Tried to write a server like that, but it didn't retain players because reading was involved, haha. Largest plugin I ever wrote, ugh.
07/30/2017 12:40 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Ranger
Brendann
I'm Interested!
07/29/2017 11:08 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Network
Presidente
Yes, I would want to play!

Thanks.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024