Strange, very strange... Herobrine?

SiegeOfMoon's Avatar SiegeOfMoon1/12/12 11:15 pm
2/1/2012 2:22 pm
skull983398's Avatar skull983398
I was making an adventure map... I wanted to add some traps in, so i made a simple and common piston trap, you pull lever, floor opens, you fall... after i wired it all up, tested it, i began digging the hole for the player to fall into. I got about 70-100 blocks deep. I didn't want the player to have falling damage, so i did the usual signs and water thing, where i use signs to hold up water. I decided to wright out part of the adventure story onto these signs, while writing.. I heard that strange noise that got added in 1.8 i think, Then i heard the water above my signs splash... Now that scared me, i thought a pig or something had spawned and fell in my trap, But no, i saw a lever on the ground in front of me, I picked it up, and a few seconds later half of my piston trap De-activate itself! So i flew up, took this screen shot :

I wanted to see what in the world went on with the piston thing, so i flew round, and looked at the redstone wiring... Surprised at what had happened... I took this screen shot :

I immediately left the game, afraid that herobrine or some other secret notch is keeping would pop up in my face...
I am NOT trolling you guys, im not faking, i did not pour water on my redstone, i did not break it without noticing, there was not a gang of endermen hungry for redstone and repeaters. I WAS ON PEACEFUL!! And this is NOT a fake herobrine spam!! I'm saying this because my post got deleted by mods on the official minecraft forum
SiegeOfMoon
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/01/2012 2:22 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Skinner
skull983398
SiegeOfMoonso, lets get this straight people, so you dont tell me that the screen shots dont help. I made a redstone trap/piston door etc. and all the wiring popped off, i took screen shots and ran off. Thats all there is to the story.

Screenshots usually do help. Just not the ones you took, I can't make anything out (other than the items in your hotbar).
02/01/2012 2:12 pm
Level 27 : Expert Toast
jackmember
This sorat thing happened to me as well.I was building some piston sandgate for a sorta secret base.The redstone was placed on very small room so it was pretty complicated.When I first tested it with a button it worked but as soon as I used a lever,every redstone in that circuit dropped...

Seems to be a bug when a specific redstone circuit that includes repeater a lever and a piston breaks all redstone stuff.All that happens is: The redstone gets bugged and due to the change of state of the blocks Minecraft analyses that as wrong and simply breaks the block.That happens with buggy water, floating torches and single portal blocks as well.
02/01/2012 1:59 pm
SiegeOfMoon
Yep, i know, what you know. I just added the herobrine thing in this thread because uhhhh, idk lol. I dont believe in herobrine, but i will if i see it myself. i have heard that herobrines code and skin are hidden using more code and such, but i believe nothing till my eyes tell me... so, lets get this straight people, so you dont tell me that the screen shots dont help. I made a redstone trap/piston door etc. and all the wiring popped off, i took screen shots and ran off. Thats all there is to the story.
02/01/2012 2:14 am
skull983398
robotv56it's possible, because of how many times it has been said that Herobrine has been removed, he may never have been removed at all, maybe just made increasingly rarer.

I see problems with your logic.

Read this article on the Minecraft Wiki about Herobrine.

You may be interested to know that two members of the Mojang staff (one of which was Notch himself) has said Herobrine has never and does not exist. Notch had a little bit more to say than just that, though. He said that he had no intention of adding Herobrine to the game.

However, Jeb mentioned quite some time ago that he was working on a Herobrine mob. That was before the official 1.0 release, though, and I doubt that he is going to follow through with any such plans.
02/01/2012 12:38 am
Level 40 : Master Pixel Puncher
KeddoXZ
My friend had bug like this when she downloaded Temple of Notch. So she just did throw gold to that pit and then nothing happened so she looked with x-ray and all redstone wiring just popped out of the ground. This must be somekind of bug.
02/01/2012 12:28 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Pony
098v
i agree with ZaphodX needs more dragons
01/31/2012 11:58 pm
skull983398
Well, it could have happened. But it wasn't Herobrine, as Herobrine doesn't exist.

Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I couldn't make out anything from the screenshots you posted.
01/31/2012 10:48 pm
Level 23 : Expert Cake
Mallentadro
Ive actually had the same sort of thing happen. I was caving in a seemingly infinite cave,i had been placing ladders often as there were large shafts everywhere (It wasnt a minecraft orgy, dont worry.) When i had found enough resources i backtracked and when i came to a spot where i had placed ladders they were gone. I play on tiny and i saw a human figure (Herobrine? IT looked more like steve though) then it ran off, and my world got corrupted and i was getting about 1 frame per minute so i had to delete. That is my story for today children, now run along.
02/01/2012 12:49 am
Level 34 : Artisan Robot
robotv56
I believe your story, I've just never had an experience like that. I've spent more than 1000 hours on minecraft, never a herobrine encounter (as far as I know) and never any unexplained bugs (except for a recent one where redstone torches won't do shit and burn out no matter what, but I gave up trying to figure out what the problem was and worked around it. I assume by this incident that massive amounts of underground memory cells will make them go all on the fritz, but I have no idea).
01/31/2012 10:40 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Elf
Exurbia
Perhaps it is a redstone bug?
Cause it isn't Herobrine. He isn't in the coding, and he doesn't have a skin in the mob files.
01/31/2012 10:36 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Network
Mothgirl
Yea, see the problem here is we don't have a lie detector for the internet yet. GET RIGHT ON IT COMPUTER NERDS!
01/31/2012 10:31 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Scribe
Bermudaboy
Well done!
02/01/2012 12:24 am
Level 47 : Master Hunter
Po1ntBlank
You necro...
01/26/2012 6:08 pm
Level 26 : Expert Nerd
ParkouringPanda
Hey, I'm not saying it didn't happen. I don't troll like that. I'm just not exactly what you would call a Herobrine believer. Not saying it didn't happen, maybe it did, but also I don't think it would be Herobrine. Although this is strange, I'll look into it, Herobrine will be the final resort, I'll check in with my local Minecraft community.
01/25/2012 7:35 am
Level 22 : Expert Spelunker
Zedeik
It did it to me once.. while i was testing for my city's gate..

Lots of redstone and levers to retard the opening and closing.. So, i tried it and it didn't work.. so i downloaded x-ray and looked at my wiring.. it had all dropped...

I can't explain how.. but it did it on my server too.. as soon as someone passes by, it dropped.. and me and the owner had to redo it completely..
01/12/2012 11:41 pm
SiegeOfMoon
I know what you know, idk why or how it happened, all i know is it happened...
I made this thread to see if others have experienced it. But so far it turns out as it did on the minecraft forums... people thinking i faked it.
02/01/2012 12:44 am
Level 34 : Artisan Robot
robotv56
I make adventure maps and I am constantly spending hours and hours on buildings and similar piston traps, I have been made very well aware of the noises of minecraft, everything from inhuman non-zombie (no mob I've ever heard) moans to weird shuffling noises and creepy wisps of low frequency whispers. I think I've heard just about every noise, sound effect, and sound in the game. When I first started hearing them I made sure of two things, that my surroundings were the same and that I was on peaceful, and sure enough they were and I was.
I find it very strange that something actually happened with the sound, I assume it may have been something Mojang added, and although no proof currently exists, it's possible, because of how many times it has been said that Herobrine has been removed, he may never have been removed at all, maybe just made increasingly rarer.
But who knows, this might have just been some crazy glitch, the redstone damage is clearly not the work of water corruption, someone or something broke them. If it were water the drops wouldn't be grid aligned, they'd be clustered in corners and edges. Chances are it won't happen again.
01/12/2012 11:30 pm
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
Hmmm too many holes in the story...

mentioning hearing the dungeon noise for dramatic effect...

pistons cant just drop off a wall...

the lever falls, then a few seconds after the pistons deactivate - makes no sense since they should deactivate immediately...

the number of redstone on the floor doesn't add up to make a circuit and you haven't picked any up...

In conclusion, you made a convincing story but were sincerely let down by the plot holes and inconsistencies.

So:

...But needs more dragons
02/01/2012 2:20 am
Level 23 : Expert Mage
lorddarkis
Pretty much sums the whole story up.
01/12/2012 11:18 pm
Level 47 : Master Hunter
Po1ntBlank
You have a bucket of water in your hand, and felt inclined to mention that you didn't pour water. I don't know many people that would draw that conclusion, I feel like that is what happened here.
01/12/2012 11:18 pm
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
SiegeOfMoonI'm saying this because my post got deleted by mods on the official minecraft forum

Hahaha. Sorry that really made me laugh.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome