Talks about mods, mods not updating. bad advertising.

RynzAMasta007's Avatar RynzAMasta00710/30/13 10:31 pm
1 emeralds 219 3
10/30/2013 11:34 pm
mohannadi's Avatar mohannadi
So has world guard died or something? What happened to the guy who manages it? I have not saw an update sense 1.6.2 and now we are at 1.7.2/3 or whatever..

Does anyone have any ideas?
...talk about being patient. I thought maybe world guard was waiting to update after 1.7 came out because 1.6.4 was not that big of a deal.

world guard does not work for 1.6.4 and if you think it does, you must have not noticed your flags being ignored or when setting up new regions, only some flags work and others don't. Ive noticed regions I've created using a 162 bukkit build work just fine even after updating to 1.6.4 -1.7 but anything I create with world guard on the new buckets, say 1.6.4-1.7+ have hidden issues that dont make them selves noticeable right away.

cant seem to find a contact for the worlguard person and get a reply at all.
In any case i feel like all the guys and gals that make mods and plugins are starting to fade a way. updates are less often and the game is getting more complicated. more and more websites give you the run around with fake or hidden links just so they can advertise. never letting you get to the actual file your looking for with out a good disappointing file hunt.

whats with all the fake/bad version information every ware? these people are sticking 1.7 on there 1.6.4/1.6.2 mod downloads so you end up clicking on them only to find out they are full of crap and the mod is outdated. why? so i see your add so you can make 3 cents.... sigh.

All the best mods are on 1.5.2 and the lot of them were abandon and only some of the most popular ones made it to 1.6.2. and even less got to 1.6.4. When i had 1.5.2, i had 21 client side mods all working together with forge and optifine not to mention the old 1.5.2 packs... some of them had the coolest lighting effects at dawn and in the evening. how come no one is doing that anymore with the new resource packs. lighting is just as important.

resource packs for 1.7.2 dont seem to work on 1.6.2... could be just my mine craft but that sucks because like a lot people right after a new update... I switch client versions a lot and thats annoying to log in and see my game in the default pack.
Do you use custom sound packs or ever experimented with them? i think its freeking awesome. id brag up my custom remixed pack i use with all my fancy sounds but all im gonna say for now is i cant use it right now on 1.7+ ....for some stupid reason, custom sounds/music dont work. all i hear is default stuff. LAME. Ive looked into it and nothing has changed in the directory of the resource packs that would make the custom stuff not work. it makes no sense. whats gonna happen if world guard dies off??? -.-

RynzAMasta007
Level 49 : Master Architect