The Minecraft Crowd: Kindness at it's Heart

KiddShadow's Avatar KiddShadow9/19/13 6:05 pm
1 emeralds 190 1
9/19/2013 9:52 pm
KiddShadow's Avatar KiddShadow
My last forum post crushed a few people's souls, so I decided to write something a bit more friendly:

We all know good ol' Minecraft as one of the best games in the world. It's simple yet complex, fun, creative, and sometimes educational, but that's not all Minecraft has to offer. Of all the online games I've played Minecraft has the best bunch. I'd just like to thank the majority of you guys for being the nicest group of gamers. Throughout the years I've seen people happily collaborating their ideas, laughing over good jokes, treating strangers like old friends, and often being pleasantly cheery. If you say your feeling down, someones going to try and cheer you up. If you're bored someone cracks a good joke. If you don't feel like playing games with a crowd of idiots, just log on to Minecraft. Even the creators are great folks. Notch tries to settle law suits over a game of quake, and Fridays at Mojang are no program, play game days.

Sadly that's starting to rot. Huge issues have arisen, that are ruining the Minecraft experience and scaring potential players away. There's age/gender discrimination, hack blames of death, project theft, and flaming. I used think I stopped playing Minecraft because of the 1.6 update, but now that I think about, it's probably the decrease in respect among players. Since this is already a form of spam on the blogs I'll make it a speed rant: Who cares how old or what gender players are, as long as they're good people, just cause someones good doesn't mean they hack,
try and come up with your own original ideas, and shut up if you can only disagree with someone by cussing them out.

Good, that's over with.

If I were to give an estimate, I'd say about 75% of Minecrafters are interesting people, and back when I started, about 90% were. That drop makes me quite sad but here's what I'm asking of you: If one person can make a difference in the world, then 9,140,191 can. Even the 20 or so people who are going to read this can make a difference by just continuing to be interesting and welcoming people. You may see yourself as an average Minecraft player but you have just as much power as Jeb or Cyprezz to change how things work in the craft.

It is inevitable, this is or probably will become spam.

Diamond 'cause you can't,
Favorite 'cause you can't,
Subscribe if you really feel like putting up with more of my crap.
KiddShadow
Level 21 : Expert Scribe