The New "Industrial Revolution", my thoughts.

failtolawl's Avatar failtolawl10/16/14 3:13 pm
1 emeralds 165 1
10/16/2014 3:15 pm
LordAdder's Avatar LordAdder
Hello, I'll be try to be direct on my opinion of this competition, I would first off like to say that I do not doubt the sheer talent in artwork and ingenuity of building these massive builds that take weeks to create.

Unfortunately, this competition will completely block any form of new, unique, and creative means of achieving a good build

Why you might ask?

Well there is this thing called "Steampunk" to each his own of course on their opinion on the concept of steampunk. But the submissions will undoubtedly be revolving around steampunk. There will be airships, guaranteed. There will be floating cities. There will be underwater cities. Every single competition over the years has had a build full of airships in the top 10. This theme will force every single submission to have airships. You could literally copy and paste all of these maps over the years and it would fit into this competition.

Airships. Airships. Airships. Are you tired of seeing them? I know I am.

Can you legitimately show creativeness and have a unique build when we all know the people that voted for the "Industrial Revolution" knew that it was just going to be full of airships and other steampunk things.

So how can you show it? Well, if you decide to be unique in your submission. You could post the real life industrial revolution. Perhaps have a dismembered child next to a dangerous machine? Maybe you could build a destroying ozone layer, or a charred city, destroyed forests. The industrial revolution was such a fun time!

In conclusion, I think this competition will go absolutely nowhere, fast. We will see nothing new in the submissions, and if I were the sole judge, it would take an incredible feat to change my mind.
failtolawl
Level 41 : Master Taco