Is this possible?

YogoGamer's Avatar YogoGamer10/26/11 9:08 am
1 emeralds 134 6
10/27/2011 1:00 am
xMrSchmidtx's Avatar xMrSchmidtx
I've been playing Minecraft for a while now, and I was wondering if it would be possible to make a certain song play during the day, and a different during the night. Specifically, I'd want the Day music from Terraria to play during the day, and the Night music to play at..well, night. Would it require a mod? Or would it be as simple as editing files within the .minecraft folder? Thanks!

(P.S. I'm new here, so I'm not sure if this is in the right section or not.)
YogoGamer
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/27/2011 1:00 am
Level 48 : Master Droid
xMrSchmidtx
YogoGamer Alright, I'm pretty sure I can convert the audio files with Audacity, and I thought Minecraft would just loop the files.

Audacity is definitely in the free software that can change file extensions, if I'm not mistaken. Minecraft does indeed loop the game music, but i think it has a specific order it's looped in. Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but game music tends to be about 15-20 minutes for a segment, some longer, so maybe you would need to find a clip as long. I am unaware of how the specific loopings occur.

YogoGamer And for the day/night cycle, do you know if there are already any mods for that?

Tbh, I'm sure there are, but it would require a lot of dungeon digging, and I'm really not the guy for it. Perhaps you could find it buried neath all the junk, but you're prolly better off asking someone to make you a fresh, updated one.

rageman96Well ive done what the guy above you suggested and changed all mine to skrillex, il report back if it works

1. Ew, Skrillex.
2. Did it work? Specifically though, YogoGamer wanted to be able to loop between day and night cycles. Did you find a way of making that happen?
10/26/2011 1:11 pm
Level 48 : Master Droid
xMrSchmidtx
Most likely you need an audio mod or to convert the files to something minecraft can recognize. I think, as it is, that minecraft doesn't play music based on the time, but randomly chooses songs (at least, in my experience.) What you're suggesting is definitely possible, but probably would need to be modded.

EDIT: I'm not sure as to the length requirements of the clip, it's something you'd also need to look into
10/26/2011 1:14 pm
Level 42 : Master Lad
rageman96
Well ive done what the guy above you suggested and changed all mine to skrillex, il report back if it works
10/26/2011 12:03 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
ThatSkinnyGamer
In .minecraft go to resources and change the calm 1 2 and 3 to the songs you want...this will require a bit of changing to the type of song file. The Terraria clips need to be .ogg files for it to work and when you have converted them rename them as Calm1 Calm2 and Calm3 and it should work I've done this and it's worked before...

P.S Their is a site that converts files into .ogg ones I can't remember it though Google it

Hope this helps =D
10/26/2011 5:11 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
YogoGamer
Thanks, I'll try that and reply if it works.

xMrSchmidtxMost likely you need an audio mod or to convert the files to something minecraft can recognize. I think, as it is, that minecraft doesn't play music based on the time, but randomly chooses songs (at least, in my experience.) What you're suggesting is definitely possible, but probably would need to be modded.

EDIT: I'm not sure as to the length requirements of the clip, it's something you'd also need to look into

Alright, I'm pretty sure I can convert the audio files with Audacity, and I thought Minecraft would just loop the files. And for the day/night cycle, do you know if there are already any mods for that?
10/26/2011 11:42 am
Level 25 : Expert Dragonborn
Khanz
Would probably need a modification.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome