Tinkers Construct question

pappo46's Avatar pappo461/28/18 11:43 pm
1/29/2018 8:57 pm
pappo46's Avatar pappo46
I installed Tinkers Construct for version 1.12.2 and I was able to craft a stone pickaxe.
I added Lapus and Redstone to it when I found some. When I found diamonds I tried to add it to the pickaxe but I got the following message:

not enough modifiers one needed

It's only allowing me to put 2 modifiers on the tool.
If I start with diamond and add restone, then I can't add lapus ?

How do I add modifiers ?

Any help would be appreciated.
pappo46
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/29/2018 8:57 pm
pappo46
Thanks again to both of you.
I made a new pickaxe using just one diamond, and 1 piece of lapus and 1 of redstone and it took all three modifiers.
01/29/2018 7:03 pm
pappo46
So, Shell.user, what you said is what I saw last time I used TK. I was able to start with 3 modifiers (diamond, redstone, and lapus).
You think it was because I put too much of one modifier when I started the pickaxe ?
I will go make another one with 1 each of diamond, redstone, and lapus.

EndPlayz - Thank you also for your feedback. I will keep using the pickaxe and see if any messages come up.

Thank you both.
01/29/2018 2:06 pmhistory
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
Under normal circumstances you can use 3 modifiers in total. Lapis will add fortune or looting and it's not compatible with silk. Redstone is special. It adds speed but the caveat is that it can add multiple levels, where each level can use up a modifier.

So I think that you used up 2 modifiers by adding too much redstone.
01/29/2018 12:04 am
Level 31 : Artisan Professor
EndPlayz
For pickaxes, just mine with it until it says something in chat about the pickaxe, then a new modifier is added
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome