1.6 Update!!!

doublebwl's Avatar doublebwl3/14/13 10:04 pm
1 emeralds 182 6
3/15/2013 10:33 am
doublebwl's Avatar doublebwl
I decided to expand my first wishlist for a biome update in 1.6.

Here is the original:

1. Fireflies. Who wouldn't want to be walking around outside your house and notice the sun is setting, and suddenly fireflies start floating around you. They could spawn more frequently in swamps and we could even get nets to catch them. Also, if they were little square lights vs. circles that would be super cool.

2. Volcanoes. They don't have to erupt yet, but a mountain with boiling lava on top could be an easier way to get lava (especially for people who don't mine.) But it would be pretty dangerous. Maybe it could spawn infrequent magma cubes too.

3. Turkeys. I've made a post about this before. They would be slightly bigger than chickens and give slightly more hunger back when cooked. The catch is that they would be neutral and attack you if provoked. Someone even had the idea that cooked turkey be a place-able item like cake so you could recreate a thanksgiving dinner.

4. Fruit trees. I would love if apples were blocks and could go on trees. This would allow for believable orchards and for the possibility of more fruits such as peaches and pears.

5. Butterflies. Pretty self explainable. Just float around, attracted to flowers, catch-able if we had nets, etc.

6. Palm trees. The desert/ beaches could use an easily recognizable tree. Coconuts could even grow on them.

7. As always, more ocean life and features in general. Although I think an ocean update would be pretty sweet as a stand-alone update. 1.7 anyone?

8. This is commonly said as well...but blending the biomes better would be sweet. Jungles next to tundras next to deserts is just a little crazy in my opinion.

9. Seasons are also a common suggestion so I won't elaborate on that at all.

10. More passive mobs in general would just rock. We have a ton of monsters.

11. Not sure if this would go with biomes, but more golems would be super cool. It is such a neat concept that truly fits into minecraft's gameplay that I don't see why more would be bad at all!

12. Alright, well that's all I can think of at the moment. Thanks for reading this far! Let me know if you agree with any of these and what else you would like to see in 1.6 if it were to be a biome update.

Now for more ideas:

13. I think using the mob's AI to travel in herds would be sweet. They already tend to group together but I think an awesome mob such as the bison would be sweet to have as a plains biome specific mob (only on large biomes mode). They would be neutral and instead of attacking you, they get provoked easily (you have to sneak up to it) and one charging bison would cause a stampede that could do a lot of damage to you.

14. Another frequently requested biome specific mob is the penguin. Need I say more?

15. Pandas!!!! Pandas!!! Pandas!! Pandas! (Again, need I say more? Other than they could maybe be tamed with sugar cane!)

16. More weather variability. We have snow, rain, and lightning. How about damaging hail or even a tornado in rare circumstances?

17. My next idea is an oasis! These would be tropical springs in the middle of deserts with palm trees and maybe something valuable. Rare!

18. Another animal in a sense -----> Beehives. These would be blocks that hang from trees and can be harvested for honey (would need to have a good use for it). But be careful not to disturb the insects that could do a lot of quick damage.

19. Alright, we technically have beaches but can we really call them that? Not really. They're just sand by water. What if we could have shells, starfish, or crabs along the shore that could be traded with villagers or used as decorations. Well, not the crabs. They could scuttle away from you.

20. And lastly, to go off of my previous beach idea, I would love to have clams at the bottom of oceans. They would be a really good incentive for risking your life by deep sea diving. They would need to be cracked open (maybe a pickaxe or shovel) and they would house a pearl. These pearls could be traded with villagers and could be worth more or less than emeralds (depending on which one is rarer.) or they could have another purpose.

Alright, as always, please let me know your thoughts on my ideas. Your feedback is valuable to me and I would love to discuss some of my ideas too! And as always, check out our inventive server here: http://www.planetminecraft.com/server/empires-rpg/ It will be updated very very soon!
doublebwl
Level 4 : Apprentice Farmer